• The KillerFrogs

Week 9 Other Games

hornedfrog86

Two things I noticed about KSU:

1) their defenders LOVE it when they make a tackle. Even if it is a tackle after a 30 yd gain. Just nuts. I noticed they did that with us as well.

2) I love how one can change the channel in the midde of a KSU drive, grab some chips and bean dip, change the channel back, and KSU is on the same drive.
They no longer huddle up on the field before going in for half time. I wonder when that started?

LVH

If us giving up 24 points and 281 yards in an entire game to Kansas State means our defense is terrible and Patterson has lost his way coaching defense, what does that make OU's defense and coaching staff? Asking for a friend

FrogCoach84

Did they show the package on LSU's 10,000 catches offseason program?
Yeah, I had heard about that. Great way to fix the drops.
Did they show the goggles/blinders they wore?

They did show the goggles.

Best part of the feature was seeing how clearly bought in those WRs were in the whole program. Their coaches sold it to them and they bought in hard.

Froggish

If us giving up 24 points and 281 yards in an entire game to Kansas State means our defense is terrible and Patterson has lost his way coaching defense, what does that make OU's defense and coaching staff? Asking for a friend
We really only gave up that little because of how slow we ran our offense and how much our run/pass mix helped..We played slow, they played slow..

LVH

We really only gave up that little because of how slow we ran our offense and how much our run/pass mix helped..We played slow, they played slow..

KSU is running for twice as many yards per carry against OU than they did against us. Hell if Thomspon doesnt break that huge scramble on the zone blitz we held them to 1.6 yards per carry.

So the "they didnt run enough plays" excuse doesnt really hold water here

Mean Purple

agreed. balance helps. if we can get to a point where Max can shred it next year, get off the field on D on third downs and get some acceptable TOP, we will be headed to a conf. champ game.

But first, we must win today. Today is the only game that matters.

LVH

Can we hire the KSU OC? :D

This board would melt down if we did. Everyone here thinks the fix all solution to offense is to run a fast fast fast fast fast fast fast fast paced up tempo offense that snaps the ball every 3 seconds and throws the ball 75 times a game.

That's not what KSU does. What KSU does is not much different from the offense they ran under Snyder