• The KillerFrogs

Week 9 Other Games

Coaches are very much a flavor of the month thing. Before this season if you’d have said you wanted to trade GP for Sonny Dikes you’d have been laughed off the board. Now 7 games later it’s just assumed that if Dikes stays at SMU they’ll be repeating TCU’s 2000-2012 success and replacing us in the next conference realignment. Chad Morris was everyone’s can’t miss coaching prospect 3 years ago. Harrell might be great, but he might not be too.
Obviously. I know you like to argue but I said very specifically that I was not endorsing his hire but just that he was worth a serious look. I'm not responsible for everything said on this board. I think it would still be laughable to suggest Dykes (correct spelling) over GP or to assume that SMU has proven itself to be able of sustaining anything at this point. I don't know who has or why someone would suggest Chad Morris as the end all, be all. Clemson got better after he left and he was better than June Jones who basically retired on the job at SMU but otherwise not particularly impressive at SMU and has been and abject failure at Arkansas.

I'm sure I'm capable of saying something that is incorrect and if you or someone else wants to correct something I actually said, that is all well and good but I didn't say anything that your response addresses.

ECM

Graham Harrell is the truth. What he’s doing with USC’s third string QB this year is pretty remarkable. Also look at what Mason Fine did at University of North Texas when he has there vs this season

MTfrog5

Graham Harrell is the truth. What he’s doing with USC’s third string QB this year is pretty remarkable. Also look at what Mason Fine did at University of North Texas when he has there vs this season
I do agree that the difference in Fine this year is a decent indicator of Harrell

Wexahu

Obviously. I know you like to argue but I said very specifically that I was not endorsing his hire but just that he was worth a serious look. I'm not responsible for everything said on this board. I think it would still be laughable to suggest Dykes (correct spelling) over GP or to assume that SMU has proven itself to be able of sustaining anything at this point. I don't know who has or why someone would suggest Chad Morris as the end all, be all. Clemson got better after he left and he was better than June Jones who basically retired on the job at SMU but otherwise not particularly impressive at SMU and has been and abject failure at Arkansas.

I'm sure I'm capable of saying something that is incorrect and if you or someone else wants to correct something I actually said, that is all well and good but I didn't say anything that your response addresses.

Probably a misplaced response by me, my apologies. I was just reading through that other thread that immortalizes Sonny Dikes and was like oh no, not another jumping the gun on a coach who might be having a nice little run. Not crazy about the Leach coaching tree/tie in but Harrell may be a decent candidate.

Froggish

Imperative that the next OC hire be someone that has ACTUALLY called plays in a football ball game. I don’t want another napkin guy...SC is a creative napkin guy and none of that creativity has translated to the actual calling of football games.

The coaches that most of us admire are the ones who could motivate, innovate, and adjust in real time. SC has never shown one single glimpse of a guy who could attack a defenses vulnerabilities..For 3 years he’s been in reactionary mode calling the same plays over and over. He just has no feel for what goes on while the clock is moving.

Mean Purple

Loved watching a report on GameDay detailing all Joe Brady did over the offseason to try and fix the drop issues LSU’s WRs had in 2018.

Now Jefferson, Chase and Marshall are probably 2nd only to Alabama’s WR group.

Where is that type of season to season improvement on this Frogs roster.....at any position??
Did they show the package on LSU's 10,000 catches offseason program?
Yeah, I had heard about that. Great way to fix the drops.
Did they show the goggles/blinders they wore?

AroundWorldFrog

Loved watching a report on GameDay detailing all Joe Brady did over the offseason to try and fix the drop issues LSU’s WRs had in 2018.

Now Jefferson, Chase and Marshall are probably 2nd only to Alabama’s WR group.

Where is that type of season to season improvement on this Frogs roster.....at any position??
Was going to comment on that. How about that, a coach that works on the dropsies.

AroundWorldFrog

Jalen Hurts has a bit of a swagger about him it seems now that he’s at OU. Has he always had that? I don’t remember him being like that at Bama, ‘course Saban rarely lets his players show themselves so maybe that was it.
Maybe knowing he's potentially the third guy in a row to win the Heisman helps.

JugbandFrog

Two things I noticed about KSU:

1) their defenders LOVE it when they make a tackle. Even if it is a tackle after a 30 yd gain. Just nuts. I noticed they did that with us as well.

2) I love how one can change the channel in the midde of a KSU drive, grab some chips and bean dip, change the channel back, and KSU is on the same drive.