• The KillerFrogs

Week 9 Other Games

That x-Baylor strength coach has gotten SMU strong. Who is SMUs DL coach? He has done a good job. The Houston QB can throw too. And both WRs for both teams catching well.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Pivotal play in the game was the SMU interception where the DB mauled the receiver allowing the safety to get the pick and eventually the game deciding 3 points

Wexahu

Said half the country about TCU from about 2000-2012.

Fair point, but if you dig a little deeper........Arkansas State, South Florida, North Texas, and Houston are all a shell of their usual selves, and ASU and Houston hung with them basically those entire games. It took a miracle for them to beat Tulsa. They barely beat us.

No doubt it's been a great year for them and they are not a bad team at all, but it's amazing the difference just winning games does for you perception-wise, no matter who it's against and no matter how you do it, versus losing a game(s) by close margins against good teams.

Moose Stuff

Fair point, but if you dig a little deeper........Arkansas State, South Florida, North Texas, and Houston are all a shell of their usual selves, and ASU and Houston hung with them basically those entire games. It took a miracle for them to beat Tulsa. They barely beat us.

No doubt it's been a great year for them and they are not a bad team at all, but it's amazing the difference just winning games does for you perception-wise, no matter who it's against and no matter how you do it, versus losing a game(s) by close margins against good teams.

Winning = good
Losing = bad

I've seen enough of USC this year to think Graham Harrell is really worth a look if Helton is fired or he is otherwise available. Very diverse approach to offense, uses the entire field, well designed mesh concepts, obvious Texas connections. I'm not saying he's the best available to the exclusion of all others just that he seems to be worth a very serious look.

Wexahu

I've seen enough of USC this year to think Graham Harrell is really worth a look if Helton is fired or he is otherwise available. Very diverse approach to offense, uses the entire field, well designed mesh concepts, obvious Texas connections. I'm not saying he's the best available to the exclusion of all others just that he seems to be worth a very serious look.

Coaches are very much a flavor of the month thing. Before this season if you’d have said you wanted to trade GP for Sonny Dikes you’d have been laughed off the board. Now 7 games later it’s just assumed that if Dikes stays at SMU they’ll be repeating TCU’s 2000-2012 success and replacing us in the next conference realignment. Chad Morris was everyone’s can’t miss coaching prospect 3 years ago. Harrell might be great, but he might not be too.