• The KillerFrogs

Week 8 Games to Watch / Other Games Thread

TCUdirtbag

Well, I was too slow this week to catch Wednesday night’s App State upset of #14 Coastal Carolina (RIP cinderella season). Given I will never get over the 2016 CWS, Now, on to the rest of week 8:

Thursday, October 21:
  • 6:30 CT - Tulane @ #21 SMU - ESPN
Friday, October 22:
  • 6:00 CT - Memphis @ UCF - ESPN2
  • 9:30 - Washington @ Arizona - ESPN2
Saturday, October 23:
  • 11:00 CT - #3 OU @ Kansas - ESPN
  • 11:00 - #2 Cincinnati @ Navy - ESPN2
  • 11:00 - K-State @ Texas Tech - FS1
  • 2:30 - #8 Ok St @ Iowa St - FOX
  • 2:30 - #10 Oregon @ UCLA - ABC
  • 2:30 - LSU @ #12 Ole Miss - CBS
  • 2:30 - BYU @ Washington St - FS1
  • 3:00 - ECU @ Houston - ESPNU
  • 6:00 - #24 UTSA @ LA Tech - Stadium
  • 6:30 - USC @ #13 Notre Dame - NBC
  • 6:30 - #5 Ohio St @ Indiana - ABC
  • 6:30 - West Virginia @ TCU - ESPNU
Full schedule here: https://www.mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekly/football2021/8#.YXGt6SU8LDs

Wexahu

I noticed there is only one late late game and nothing in the 9:00-9:30 slot this week. I wonder why. Is that because of baseball playoffs? Kinda sucks.

LVH

Smu playing defense like we use to do.

Hard hitting, every man to the ball, a little nasty.

Damn I miss those days!

SMU's schedule has been a joke. They have played as many teams with 0 wins against the FBS as they have teams with wins against the FBS.

Of course their defense looks good against a Tulane team that is 0-6 against the FBS and got blown out by UAB and East Carolina.

SMU's schedule has been a joke. They have played as many teams with 0 wins against the FBS as they have teams with wins against the FBS.

Of course their defense looks good against a Tulane team that is 0-6 against the FBS and got blown out by UAB and East Carolina.
I'm would not say they are some kind of force in college football but they've played who is on their schedule and beat them, including us. If we had lost to them on some kind of fluke, it would be one thing, but they were able to physically dominate our team. That has to be fixed and says more about us than them.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

Don't forget that people used to talk [ Finebaum ] about our schedule in our MWC days.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

And that makes us..?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That it's even an argument is indicative of how sketchy the rule is. I would also add that they shouldn't have called it a late hit, either. The QB was trying to bait a flag by waiting until the last possible second before starting his slide, and he got his bell rung. Well deserved, IMHO. If you want to slide to avoid the hit, do so in time to give the defender a chance to avoid the collision. Allowing the QB to initiate a slide while the defender is already .001 of a second from impact, and then penalizing the defender for the contact is insane. Bad rules promote bad outcomes.

Wexahu

Deliberation isn’t part of the rule. Carter’s hit was against a defenseless player. That’s why it was targeting and this wasn’t.
This guy had taken himself out by starting to slide. ?? Maybe I don’t know the exact rule but it sure looked like he lowered his head at the last second and hit the head and neck area. What does defenseless mean exactly?