• The KillerFrogs

Week 4: Other Games Thread

gofor2

I understand that Michigan State doesn't look as good as typical, but Minnesota is up 17-0 in East Lansing and has out gained the Spartans, wait for it, 227-1.
wonder if the msu brass wish they could get a refund on that massive contract they just gave to their coach

Eight

I see no improvement from UT over a year ago. Yeah they played Alabama close but Alabama has played to the level of their competition on the road the last couple of years. Looks like another year of mediocrity

texas still needs better edge play for pete's defense to truly be effective, but their secondary play is getting better

offensively they are starting three true freshmen and a true sophomore in that offensive line so very similar to the frogs 2012 offensive front, those young guys struggle at times, but i suspect over the season we start to see improvement there because they have physical talent

there is also a big difference between ewers and card in regards to carrying the passing game

LVH

texas still needs better edge play for pete's defense to truly be effective, but their secondary play is getting better

offensively they are starting three true freshmen and a true sophomore in that offensive line so very similar to the frogs 2012 offensive front, those young guys struggle at times, but i suspect over the season we start to see improvement there because they have physical talent

there is also a big difference between ewers and card in regards to carrying the passing game
I am sure Ewars is far better but until he proves himself for all we know he could be another 5* UT QB failure like Garrett Gilbert and Tyrone Swoopes

LVH

because they are miami and hired a head coach who for some reason gets credit for being some type of program builder even though he crapped the bed multiple times at oregon

preseason polls are worthless
A&M's signature 7 point home win last week looking really good.

LVH

will be very interesting to see how the ags stand up to arkansas today
Herbstreit called A&M's win over Miami last week as A&M was kneeing out the clock a "signature win" ... lol

Arkansas looked like crap last week, no Top 10 SEC team should ever be down 17 in the 2nd half to Missouri State

I expect a low scoring affair

gofor2

I read that Michigan State has been outscored by over 110 points since Mel Tucker took over,

The Big 10 is pathetic. It's early, but its not looking good. iowa blows, msu isn't good. I guess its just wisconsin, ohio state and maybe a weak michigan again.
Clemson - wow they looked terrible. The ACC blows so they probably have the easiest road to the invitationals.
Alabama scooted by an unranked Texas that was 5-7 last year. However, with recency bias, we all know it doesn't matter.

I think ultimately, the polls and ranks are just idiotic and silly. They will always favor big name schools if they look like they have half a pulse.

Frog-O-Rama

I completely agree with the color guy for the Texas-TT game - said DBs suck these days at locating a football and turning their head because they specialize in football to early and should be playing baseball, basketball, and other sports

I also say the same about parents who have their kids specialize 100% in baseball to early as well - its best to play a wide range of sports to develop a multitude of skills then specialize in one pr two in high school
You are speaking of Rod Gilmore. Noted TCU hater.

gofor2

because they are miami and hired a head coach who for some reason gets credit for being some type of program builder even though he crapped the bed multiple times at oregon
Don't forget FIU. Crystalballs was 27-47 overall and 20-26 in confernece as FIU's HC.
You would think he becomes a lifelong assistant for the rest of his career.
Instead, he goes through the nick saban retread program and gets the HC job at Oregon four years later.
To be fair, he was .719 in conference at Oregon - that's winning and most P5 programs would give their left nut for anything over .700 for a decent amount of years.

LVH

With all the attendance talk Texas Tech fans delivered to us over the last 20 years, you think they'd have more than 6 sellouts in their stadium history.

Wexahu

Why was Miami ranked so high to start the year? They suck
Because people thought they would be better than they are? Gee, that's never happened before.

We should all publish our personal Top 25 before the season and then by week 3 we could all be talking about how big of idiots we all are.

I say this all the time.......there are always about 23 "overrated" teams and 2 "underrated" teams in the Top 25 each week according to most college football fans. That makes no sense, but I think you understand what I mean.