• The KillerFrogs

Week 2 Other Games

TooColdU

They have. I guess last year if we had gone looking for an OC who had demonstrated that he could successfully implement a game plan and call plays all before the Kingsbury/USC fiasco, he would have considered coming to TCU. Who knows, but he seems to have translated what he did at University of North Texas to a larger platform.

Just great.....We hired the one former Tech QB turned OC who doesn’t know how to properly implement the Air Raid.

Chongo94

Was gonna ask what people thought about Minnesota’s coach’s wife and then I saw his first wife....wowza!

97_1441210021.jpg

Casey T

The horns game reminded me of two games...

1) the Notre dame - UT game in austin 2016 when notre dame was preseason top 10 and the horns pulled off the win and vaulted up to #11, and then it turned out both teams sucked and went 4-8 and 5-7

2) the TCU - LSU game 2013 when we thought we were really good and lsu just kept converting third and longs on us. And then we ended up 4-8

Either way, horns may be in for a rough year

TooColdU

Cal upsets #14 Washington in Seattle, 20-19 with a 17-yard field goal.

Safe to say the Jacob Eason for Heisman hype is dead.

y2kFrog

The horns game reminded me of two games...

1) the Notre dame - UT game in austin 2016 when notre dame was preseason top 10 and the horns pulled off the win and vaulted up to #11, and then it turned out both teams sucked and went 4-8 and 5-7

2) the TCU - LSU game 2013 when we thought we were really good and lsu just kept converting third and longs on us. And then we ended up 4-8

Either way, horns may be in for a rough year

Agree it wasn’t like LSU WRs we’re making great plays. They were WIDE open the whole night. UT appears to be pretty one dimensional too and Ehlinger won’t last long if that is the case.

I think games like that take a lot out of teams for weeks to come, which is why some of these so called great teams turn out to be not very good at the end of the day.

netty2424

Why are you just now pulling it out? So the world could have been right all along and you would rather keep a shirt neatly on a hanger?
I owe you and everyone else an apology. I just felt like that one had completed it’s task, a job well done, and off into the sunset in its retirement. Apparently I was wrong.

netty2424

I thought UT played well and could have won that game. Sam is tough as nails and throws great. Their offensive scheme seemed to work and his OL held up well. Their defense is tough too. Hate to say it, but they look legit good.
Agree. And more importantly, LSU is a really good football team on both sides of the ball. Yet UT had chances to win and just couldn’t get it done. Oct 26th will be a tough one. Frogs better be game.

netty2424

Kind of best case scenario really.

LSU gets the SEC bump to begin with, and if they turn out to be really good, then UT played them tough and had a chance to win it.

UT still lands the L on their schedule.

And most importantly an F you to the ‘Texas is Back’ folks.

Should be a nice feather in TCU’s cap if we can grab a W in FTW in October.