• The KillerFrogs

Week 14: Conference Championship Games Thread

Double D

Tier 1
CW.. was he getting his nails done on the bench after the game when he had a towel on his head?? I saw somebody working on his hand.

dawg

As much as I would like to believe that, there are a lot of voters who have already submitted their ballots. I don't think it will matter what Max does tomorrow.
Why would ballots be submitted before all the games are played? I could understand if this was 1950 and you had to mail them across the country, but not in the instantaneous Internet age of today. Balling out in your CCG (or not) seems like it should be a key factor.

Pharm Frog

Why would ballots be submitted before all the games are played? I could understand if this was 1950 and you had to mail them across the country, but not in the instantaneous Internet age of today. Balling out in your CCG (or not) seems like it should be a key factor.
Because early voting is a thing and if you don’t agree with it you are anti-democracy and blah blah blah.

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
Why is Williams even in this game? The kid can’t move and just took a huge shot and a sack. Dumb
I was wondering that myself watching him hobble around. Not worth risking further injury. I guess they knew their cfp chances were being flushed and left him as a last ditch effort? Anyway. We thank South Carolina and Utah for clearing out all the 1 loss schools basically guaranteeing us cfp regardless of what happens today.

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
Frogs win tomorrow I believe Duggan has a real shot at the Heisman.
Huge game tomorrow. HUGE
I think so. I was saying before the game is USC loses and Max has a huge dramatic win vs KSU he could win Heisman. Backup to Heisman after coach fired in one year this is movie stuff folks. Insane.

Limey Frog

Really impressed with Utah's program. HCKW has done a remarkable job of staying "fresh". Big shout out to them. That said, let's go win us a championship today!
Here's high praise: the miracle that Gary pulled off over two decades at TCU is surpassed in scale and greatness only by what Whit has done in Salt Lake City. He's an all-time great coach, and he has painstakingly transitioned his program by degrees from a MWC outfit to the Pac 12's undisputed best. Gary almost did that, only to trip at the final hurdle (on an untied shoelace).

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Here's high praise: the miracle that Gary pulled off over two decades at TCU is surpassed in scale and greatness only by what Whit has done in Salt Lake City. He's an all-time great coach, and he had painstakingly transitioned his program by degrees from a MWC outfit to the Pac 12's undisputed best. Gary almost did that, only to trip at the final hurdle (on an untied shoelace).
Patterson and Whittingham played each other six times, 3-3. The last two games were TCU wins, 55-28 and 47-7.

Whittingham is a great coach, and even though we had a real rivalry with them, it is impossible not to like and respect Whittingham.

Frog-in-law1995

Here's high praise: the miracle that Gary pulled off over two decades at TCU is surpassed in scale and greatness only by what Whit has done in Salt Lake City. He's an all-time great coach, and he had painstakingly transitioned his program by degrees from a MWC outfit to the Pac 12's undisputed best. Gary almost did that, only to trip at the final hurdle (on an untied shoelace).

Undisputed best? Nah.