• The KillerFrogs

Week 13: Other Games Thread

LVH

So what if USC loses again? I'd say we are in if we beat Iowa State.

Again the "beat every team they played" is the argument that got Oregon in the playoff in 2014.

Planks

The thing is, if we beat Iowa State today, we'd have a win over everyone on the schedule and won the Big 12 regular season by 2 whole games. But because the greedy Big 12 decided to put in a pointless conference title game, we have to go play Russian Roulette in a 13th game even though we proved that we were 2 games better than the rest of the league.

I agree, but if you are using that line of thinking that TCU only has a loss because we had to play an unnecessary conference championship game, you could argue that Clemson only has a loss because they unnecessarily played a tough OOC.

Clemson could have played Colorado, Tarletan, and SMU and they would be undefeated.

Planks

So what if USC loses again? I'd say we are in if we beat Iowa State.

Again the "beat every team they played" is the argument that got Oregon in the playoff in 2014.

Our weak OOC schedule will prevent that. Too many of the teams we are being compared against have quality OOC schedules. USC has Notre Dame. Clemson has Notre Dame and South Carolina. Oregon has Georgia. LSU has Florida State. Ohio State has Notre Dame. Georgia has Oregon.

I think we need that conference championship in addition to a better record to get in.

Planks

But I do agree, our chances of making the playoffs if we lose to Iowa State is much better now.

We lose to Iowa State but win the CCG, as long as Georgia beats LSU (or USC loses a game) I think we make the playoffs.

If TCU coaches were on the fence about playing a player today or resting them, I would now rest them.

Sebastian S

Beating a team 2x is harder so I say we play Iowa State like it's another game unless it's a blowout(doubt it) then you can think of resting players

DeuceBoogieNights

But I do agree, our chances of making the playoffs if we lose to Iowa State is much better now.

We lose to Iowa State but win the CCG, as long as Georgia beats LSU (or USC loses a game) I think we make the playoffs.

If TCU coaches were on the fence about playing a player today or resting them, I would now rest them.

Absolutely not. They can rest after we have a 21 point lead. Can't leave these things in the hands of the committee.