• The KillerFrogs

Week 13 Games to Watch / Other Games Thread

gofor2

Definitely rooting for BYU now. The new Big 12 now has multiple playoff contenders and possibly as many as 4 NY6 participants (out of 12). And the talk all summer was that we weren't even going to be P5 anymore.
I agree.
I remember when the first few rumors came out that the AAC was going to try and poach B12 members. It made zero sense but did make me laugh. B12 has 4-5x the revenue, without OU and UT. The b12 poaches you.

I honestly think OU and UT were trying to plant as much false info as they could to say the B12 was imploding, hoping it would. That way they wouldn't have to pay those exit fees. scheiss you OU and UT.

Last edited:

TooColdU

And who would you put at number 2? Herbie may be a mope most of the time but he’s right about that

Here’s a weird concept,

Put the team that hasn’t lost a game.

If Michigan and Cincy both win next week and gets in, it shouldn’t even matter who is #2 or #3 so this argument is pointless

Jared7

I agree.
I remember when the first few rumors came out that the AAC was going to try and poach B12 members. It made zero sense but did make me laugh. I honestly think OU and UT were trying to plant as much false info as they could to say the B12 was imploding, so they didn't have to pay those exit fees. scheiss you OU and UT.
It wasn't just rumors. Aresco (and arguably ESPN) actively tried to pull it off. Now it should be clear that we're going to keep our TV contracts (and get an increase), we'll probably keep the Sugar Bowl (depending on the 12-team playoff proposal) and we're going to get (at least) $80 million+ each from OU and UT. And if we really do get 3-4 NY6 participants, that's pretty indicative of a power conference.

gofor2

Nevada destroying Colorado State 38-7 CBSSN

Cal at UCLA. 10-0 UCLA FS1
I know this seems odd to say, being down 10-0. The only thing keeping Cal in games this year is their defense. They are 17th in scoring defense and 16th in opponents yards per play. If Wilcox can get a new OC and some depth in the next couple years, they will be tough for those P12 teams to handle.

helcap

The river of aggy tears apparently shorted out texags.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

View attachment 10277
Aggie went 2-4 against SEC West. The Jimbo aura has faded away.

gofor2

It wasn't just rumors. Aresco (and arguably ESPN) actively tried to pull it off. and we're going to get (at least) $80 million+ each from OU and UT.
You really think they are going to leave early and pay those exit fees? That's $160 million. I don't see why they would do that.

Wexahu

I know this seems odd to say, being down 10-0. The only thing keeping Cal in games this year is their defense. They are 17th in scoring defense and 16th in opponents yards per play. If Wilcox can get a new OC and some depth in the next couple years, they will be tough for those P12 teams to handle.
What are you talking about? Look at his record at Cal, he is clearly mediocre and has no upside.

Long Time Lurker

You really think they are going to leave early and pay those exit fees? That's $160 million. I don't see why they would do that.
Cause they don’t want to feel how good it’s gonna be when we add other teams. Those [ Arschloch]s stopped it from happening earlier even though it would have helped us all.

gofor2

What are you talking about? Look at his record at Cal, he is clearly mediocre and has no upside.
I know what you are trying to do, but it's it really does not make sense.

Unlike Sonny's 115th ranked defense while at Cal, Wilcox has them at #17.
Sonny finished 6th this year in the American conference with the nations 85th ranked defense, which by by all accounts is mediocre.

Wexahu

I know what you are trying to do, but it's it really does not make sense.

Unlike Sonny's 115th ranked defense while at Cal, Wilcox has them at #17.
Sonny finished 6th this year in the American conference with the nations 85th ranked defense, which by by all accounts is mediocre.
Is football just about defense? What is Wilcox’s offense ranked?

I’d love Wilcox as a DC but he probably isn’t available since he’s considered a really good coach, despite his record at Cal. Sound familiar?

Paul in uhh

A buddy of mine once did Bidness School at Georgia. He described the local fauna thusly: "All the girls here have great big titties, and they love to cook and clean!" I knew right then that I was being suckered...
I’m dying because I know precisely one UGA girl and she’s exactly like this. A dime from the neck down and great personality but.....

gofor2

Is football just about defense? What is Wilcox’s offense ranked?

I’d love Wilcox as a DC but he probably isn’t available since he’s considered a really good coach, despite his record at Cal. Sound familiar?

Football is about results - whether its because of a high flying offense or great defense. Sonny's results are clear - he was a mediocre coach in the P12 and a mediocre coach in the American conference. He finished 6th this year, which is about his average. Please tell me how finishing 6th on average, over a 9 year period, isn't mediocre.

Last edited: