• The KillerFrogs

Week 13 Games to Watch / Other Games Thread

bc puckett

Aggie went 2-4 against SEC West. The Jimbo aura has faded away.
You do realize that TCU has been to more Rose Bowls than Cal over the last 60 years. That program is a joke. The way it is now they could hire Nick Saban and they wouldn’t win more than 6 games. One more time: No one should care about what Sonny did @ Cal they should only be concerned about what he will do @ TCU

gofor2

You do realize that TCU has been to more Rose Bowls than Cal over the last 60 years. That program is a joke. The way it is now they could hire Nick f@& Saban and they wouldn’t win more than 6 games. One more time: No one should care about what Sonny did @ Cal they should only be concerned about what he will do @ TCU
His results at smoo are mediocre enough. Throwing in Cal just shows that his mediocre results span back 9 years

bc puckett

His results at smoo are mediocre enough. Throwing in Cal just shows that his mediocre results span back 9 years
Again everyone @ CAL is mediocre at best. It really is time to stop all the crap about what his record was as it really doesn’t matter. For better or worse he’s TCU’s coach and all that matters is what he does from this point forward

bc puckett

What about his mediocrity at smoo?
It doesn’t matter. He’s 0-0 @ TCU. That’s all that counts. Also what’s his record compared to previous coaches @ SMU? There are certain schools you just can’t win at. Here’s an exercise for you. What was Jimmy Johnson’s record @ Okie Lite before he went to Miami? Also remember when he got there he inherited a team coming off a NC with most of the team back including Bernie Kodak and went 7-5 and they wanted to run him out of town. They didn’t and the rest is history. The bottom line is Sonny Dykes is TCU’s coach and the only thing that matters is what he does from this point forward

gofor2

What about his mediocrity at smoo?
It doesn’t matter.
Why didn't it matter before he was given the TCU job?
Why would it?
So if his mediocrity at smoo doesn't matter, then what matters? His mediocrity at Cal? That can't be it, because you said that all coaches are medicore there. So perhaps his record at La Tech?

To be honest I only typed that to show that our positions are completely different. Your position is that he's our coach, so nothing in the past matters.
My position is, why was he brought into TCU in the first place? I look forward to the official announcement and hopefully some insight is given on the reasoning behind his hire. Maybe he's a good cultural or personality fit. Maybe we are tired of good defenses (not including the last few years). Maybe he makes a mean Omelette. It's gotta be something that his record doesn't show, because his record is mediocre.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
So if his mediocrity at smoo doesn't matter, then what matters? His mediocrity at Cal? That can't be it, because you said that all coaches are medicore there. So perhaps his record at La Tech?

To be honest I only typed that to show that our positions are completely different. Your position is that he's our coach, so nothing in the past matters.
My position is, why was he brought into TCU in the first place? I look forward to the official announcement and hopefully some insight is given on the reasoning behind his hire. Maybe he's a good cultural or personality fit. Maybe we are tired of good defenses (not including the last few years). Maybe he makes a mean Omelette. It's gotta be something that his record doesn't show, because his record is mediocre.
I’m sure you are smarter than the people hired to do this. You and flyfishing should have brunch tomorrow and spend a few hours confirming to each other that you know what’s best for TCU.

bc puckett

My position is, why was he brought into TCU in the first place? I look forward to the official announcement and hopefully some insight is given on the reasoning behind his hire. Maybe he's a good cultural or personality fit. Maybe we are tired of good defenses (not including the last few years). Maybe he makes a mean Omelette. It's gotta be something that his me so why don’t we

Look you are absolutely boring me so why don’t we agree to continue this conversation one year from now when Sonny will have had a year to do the job he was hired to do and all the previous crap won’t matter. Still waiting on your JJ research