• The KillerFrogs

Week 1 Other Games Thread

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Darn Tapefingers

3853082.jpg

AroundWorldFrog

As much as I'd think it was funny if ISU lost, it would be terrible for the Big 12. And this would be the year TCU wins the conference and misses the playoffs again because the talking heads would use this as an excuse to leave us out.

BedfordFrog68

I think a lot of people not associated with BYU saw the ego thing with them going independent not ending well. Seems like that has played itself out the last few years.

I would like the think that BYU's decision to go independent was influenced by TCU taking control of the Mountain West Conference....As long as BYU could bully the conference, it was happy and sassy....Then Frogs came to town....

Froggish

As much as I'd think it was funny if ISU lost, it would be terrible for the Big 12. And this would be the year TCU wins the conference and misses the playoffs again because the talking heads would use this as an excuse to leave us out.

ISU...Is just having some opening game personnel issues on offense...They will figure it out and finish in the top half

jack the frog

I would like the think that BYU's decision to go independent was influenced by TCU taking control of the Mountain West Conference....As long as BYU could bully the conference, it was happy and sassy....Then Frogs came to town....

Nice thought . Also I believe Utah moving to a P5 was more than they could contemplate. Felt better to go independent and make the claim of Notre Dame of the west.

Frogcrates

More than influenced... gotta remember the fact that the only reason they ended up going independent quite like they did is because TCU foiled their attempts to burn down their own conference house and strike a deal with the WAC.

To make a corporate analogy...

BYU offered up their entire MWC ownership stake in a secret deal with the WAC to enable their unqualified ambition to become the Norte Dame of the west. TCU responded by organizing a hostile takeover of the WAC, picked off their most valuable units, sold off the rest, and left BYU crying in the corner of an HD studio truck realizing that it was now totally and utterly