• The KillerFrogs

We REALLY need the bowl

robbroyy

For those who aren’t excited about playing in the Fort Worth Bowl or Memphis bowl, don’t cheer for the game, but we REALLY need 15 more practices.

Redshirt rule will allow us to get a look at freshmen that haven’t played (how many is that?) and can only help the OL going forward.

Opintel

Moderators
It would thrill me, as it usually does, to smack a "Brand Name" team in the coconuts! Will the Aggies be available?

Uncle_Frog

I know the extra practices are important for the young guys—but last time we didn’t make a bowl we went 12-1 and finished 3rd in the country the following year. If we don’t make one this year maybe the embarrassment of it will fuel this team in the offseason like it did in 2014?

Eight

I know the extra practices are important for the young guys—but last time we didn’t make a bowl we went 12-1 and finished 3rd in the country the following year. If we don’t make one this year maybe the embarrassment of it will fuel this team in the offseason like it did in 2014?

yes, because embarrassment is such an effective tool

that 2013 team had a number of issues on the field and off it that were a distraction to the team

i think guys like doctson who outwardly told members of an under achieving receiver group in 2013 that he was going to take their playing time next year had a bigger impact on that 2014 team than embarrassment

BleedNPurple

There doesn’t seem to be any energy on offense and today both sides looked out is sync. OU has our number right now but would have thought the team would have been more pumped. Should have replayed some of our wins over OU for the guys so they can see what it takes.

PO Frog

There doesn’t seem to be any energy on offense and today both sides looked out is sync. OU has our number right now but would have thought the team would have been more pumped. Should have replayed some of our wins over OU for the guys so they can see what it takes.
Hard to play some of “one” since we’ve been in the league

LeagueCityFrog

If we lose to KU this coming Saturday, who is currently the worst power 5 team, and who fired their offensive coordinator, does Gary do what Gary needs to do and get some new coaches to better develop the players than what we are seeing? I had a former recent starter who graduated tell me today after the game that TCU has Turpin trying to put the whole team on his back, there are about 5 players (Wallow, Gaines, Turp plus two others) playing for the whole team then there are a bunch of prima donnas. We are no longer a physical team and our run blocking is atrocious at the line and downfield. I think we are quickly becoming what happen to UT football at the end of the Mack Brown Era and through the Charlie Strong era. School, the city, winning history too nice and everyone telling you that you're good because you're putting on a TCU jersey walking into your classes. Change is needed here. We need gritty TCU football to come back.

LVH

If we lose to KU this coming Saturday, who is currently the worst power 5 team, and who fired their offensive coordinator, does Gary do what Gary needs to do and get some new coaches to better develop the players than what we are seeing? I had a former recent starter who graduated tell me today after the game that TCU has Turpin trying to put the whole team on his back, there are about 5 players (Wallow, Gaines, Turp plus two others) playing for the whole team then there are a bunch of prima donnas. We are no longer a physical team and our run blocking is atrocious at the line and downfield. I think we are quickly becoming what happen to UT football at the end of the Mack Brown Era and through the Charlie Strong era. School, the city, winning history too nice and everyone telling you that you're good because you're putting on a TCU jersey walking into your classes. Change is needed here. We need gritty TCU football to come back.

Its why I'd rather go back to recruiting the 2 and 3 stars

As a rule, post season practices are generally considered a plus. However, after having

witnessed a disturbing lack of improvement in OL performance during our first seven

scheduled games......maybe practice doesn't make perfect.

Diehard

yes, because embarrassment is such an effective tool

that 2013 team had a number of issues on the field and off it that were a distraction to the team

i think guys like doctson who outwardly told members of an under achieving receiver group in 2013 that he was going to take their playing time next year had a bigger impact on that 2014 team than embarrassment