• The KillerFrogs

We need Omar Manning and another Juco or transfer WR. .

Punter1

We are in extreme dire need for the 1st time in I can remember how long for a big time WR...that can play outside...oppo Reagor.

For some reason we have stopped playing Dylan Thomas, A Davis and T Hights...or at least throwing to them...they hurt?? Jalen Austin also got too big and slow...he can't get open.

So that leaves O Manning hopefully coming back, he is killing it at Blinn, and we need at least 1 more big tall WR that has some experience.

tcumaniac

Dylan Thomas is done for the season. Hurt his hand and had to get surgery.

But I agree with your main point. Feels like we lack big receiver threats.

TX_Krötenechse

Stevens and Hunt need to step up in practice or something to lock down the spot opposite Reagor, and Stewart should be behind Davis and Barber.

Wexahu

We are in extreme dire need for the 1st time in I can remember how long for a big time WR...that can play outside...oppo Reagor.

For some reason we have stopped playing Dylan Thomas, A Davis and T Hights...or at least throwing to them...they hurt?? Jalen Austin also got too big and slow...he can't get open.

So that leaves O Manning hopefully coming back, he is killing it at Blinn, and we need at least 1 more big tall WR that has some experience.

Was just going to post this exact same thing, IMO this team is in DESPERATE need of bigger WRs. We just have too many small guys out there and they serve a purpose and can be effective in certain situations, but man, just having a couple guys out there that can be physical and have a big catch radius would make a world of difference IMO. Not to mention the downfield run blocking would probably be much better. When I see a kid like Turpin out wide I just scratch my head.....a pass to the outside to a 5'6" kid is almost impossible to complete.

Chongo94

I get what you’re saying, but I also still don’t understand why people say this. I mean, two things:

1. Even if we had this other threat they most likely wouldn’t see the field much with all the rotation we do.

2. We still don’t really know who we have at wr that can contribute consistently in my opinion (Reagor aside) because they are running off the field every other play due to the wr rotation.

I’m over the constant wr rotation. Seems to actually hinder our fluidity more than help. We have a couple of big wrs, we just seem to not let them see the field that often or that much.

FrogLifeYo

Was just going to post this exact same thing, IMO this team is in DESPERATE need of bigger WRs. We just have too many small guys out there and they serve a purpose and can be effective in certain situations, but man, just having a couple guys out there that can be physical and have a big catch radius would make a world of difference IMO. Not to mention the downfield run blocking would probably be much better. When I see a kid like Turpin out wide I just scratch my head.....a pass to the outside to a 5'6" kid is almost impossible to complete.

Not to mention they are all a liability as a blockers in the run game. Honestly, when have we had legit threats at both outside WR spots? Maybe the 1 year Listenbee offered a threat opposite Doctson...Outside of that I can’t think of one.

Wexahu

Not to mention they are all a liability as a blockers in the run game. Honestly, when have we had legit threats at both outside WR spots? Maybe the 1 year Listenbee offered a threat opposite Doctson...Outside of that I can’t think of one.

This is a downside that is sometimes easy to miss because you don't think WRs when you think of run blocking, but it's really really hard to break long runs without wideouts blocking well.

Wexahu

I'm shocked T Hunt hasn't gotten more time....thought he would be a rotation player immediately.

But we really need Manning to come back and lock down that second outside spot. We get him back and we are set for a while.

I don't know all the details of his situation, but I highly doubt he comes back.

Purp

I though he was at Kilgore instead of Blinn.

TX_Krötenechse

I don't know all the details of his situation, but I highly doubt he comes back.
Hard to know. His plan was to come back to TCU, supposedly, and people who do social media have said that he and Reagor are good friends and have posted pics with Manning all in TCU gear. But of course that means nothing in the end.

Moose Stuff

I'm shocked T Hunt hasn't gotten more time....thought he would be a rotation player immediately.

But we really need Manning to come back and lock down that second outside spot. We get him back and we are set for a while.

Agree on Hunt. Think we can expect good things from Stephens in the future as well.

CountryFrog

To be fair, most would except a player to go low on him, had the defender gone low we would have all been praising him
I wouldn't have been praising him. Trying to leap over defenders in the middle of the field is moronic. Even if it works you almost always get yourself blown up and all for the sake of an extra yard and a half.

Unless you're along the sideline or at the goal line then it shouldn't even be a consideration to leave your feet.

CryptoMiner

Omar Manning is at Kilgore not Blinn and in 5 games has 8 receptions for 120 yards and no TDs.

The kid at Blinn who is tearing it up is Corey Smith from Cameron Yoe. In 5 games has 32 receptions for 500 YDs and 4 TDs. A 5-7 speedster.

Planks

As crazy as it sounds, we’ve gotten to the point where we throw more to the Tight End than we do to the #2 outside receiver.

Over the last two games, here are the stats:

Outside receivers other than Rheagor:
Jalean Austin 1 catch for 4 yards

Tight Ends:
Artayvious Lynn 2 catches for 11 yards

That is absolute insanity. How in the world do all of our outside receivers only have 1 catch for 4 yards? Is there another team in the country like this? And it’s not like we don’t have anyone at the position

Jaelan Austin
John Stephens
Tevailance Hunt
Chase Von Wagoner
Bryson Jackson
Ni’Jeel Meeking
Trevontae Hights

Are we really to believe that none of those guys can play? None of them can produce more than 1 catch for 4 yards? And yes I understand some of those guys are young and redshirting, but when the position has only produced 1 catch for 4 yards over the last two games, there is no reason anyone should be redshirting. I think the coaches should use the bye week to re-evaluate who should and should not be redshirting because we are not currently getting production out of the position.

At this point there is no reason to even have a second outside receiver on the field. Just bring in an additional o lineman, tight end, or running back on every play.

Wexahu

Omar Manning is at Kilgore not Blinn and in 5 games has 8 receptions for 120 yards and no TDs.

The kid at Blinn who is tearing it up is Corey Smith from Cameron Yoe. In 5 games has 32 receptions for 500 YDs and 4 TDs. A 5-7 speedster.

For whatever reason, his production on the field in real football games has never matched the hype. Not even close.

Wexahu

As crazy as it sounds, we’ve gotten to the point where we throw more to the Tight End than we do to the #2 outside receiver.

Over the last two games, here are the stats:

Outside receivers other than Rheagor:
Jalean Austin 1 catch for 4 yards

Tight Ends:
Artayvious Lynn 2 catches for 11 yards

That is absolute insanity. How in the world do all of our outside receivers only have 1 catch for 4 yards? Is there another team in the country like this? And it’s not like we don’t have anyone at the position

Jaelan Austin
John Stephens
Tevailance Hunt
Chase Von Wagoner
Bryson Jackson
Ni’Jeel Meeking
Trevontae Hights

Are we really to believe that none of those guys can play? None of them can produce more than 1 catch for 4 yards? And yes I understand some of those guys are young and redshirting, but when the position has only produced 1 catch for 4 yards over the last two games, there is no reason anyone should be redshirting. I think the coaches should use the bye week to re-evaluate who should and should not be redshirting because we are not currently getting production out of the position.

At this point there is no reason to even have a second outside receiver on the field. Just bring in an additional o lineman, tight end, or running back on every play.

Our WR usage is an absolute mystery to me. I just don’t get it. Going on three years now.