• The KillerFrogs

WE MADE IT!!!!!

Pharm Frog

So if we managed to win this regional, what needs to happen for us to host a super?

Obviously Ole Miss would have to lose too. But what happens after that? If Illinois won the Ole Miss regional would they automatically host the super bc they were the #2 seed vs us being #3? Or would it be up to the NCAA’s discretion?

Bids

Ron Swanson

So if we managed to win this regional, what needs to happen for us to host a super?

Obviously Ole Miss would have to lose too. But what happens after that? If Illinois won the Ole Miss regional would they automatically host the super bc they were the #2 seed vs us being #3? Or would it be up to the NCAA’s discretion?
Something about crossing bridges comes to mind

tcumaniac

The TV explanation was the Frogs starting to get healthy and strong starting pitching plus just finishing one game behind .500 in league play. That last is dubious because we were a cancelled game from that last year AND we went to the Big12 tournament finals and should have won. I suspect it’s our Tier 1 record (12-14) which is far better ratio than last year and way better than Mizzou at 8-16-1.
Doesn’t hurt that we beat the #2 overall seed earlier this year either.

LeagueCityFrog

Unless something changed with who is on the NCAA baseball committee this season, a huge THANK YOU to Forever Omaha Frog in His Heart Chris Del Conte if he was the one who cast the deciding yes vote for TCU today. Us Frog Fans will save one more big thank you if you help keep the Big XII together come 2024.

We were the last team that got in the field of 64.

I'm shocked and excited to see what Lodolo, a now healthy Janzeck, and maybe King and our closer do in Fayetteville with this TCU offense. Please no Cal Coughlin unless the game is TCU up by 10 runs. I like his spirit, but he's had some bad luck this year.

The brand TCU Baseball just did to UCF, what Coach Dixon felt in March getting the shaft by the selection committee for TCU Basketball. Dixon is about to change that brand this coming Fall.

Still shocked and Go Frogs!

PurpleBlood87

The TV explanation was the Frogs starting to get healthy and strong starting pitching plus just finishing one game behind .500 in league play. That last is dubious because we were a cancelled game from that last year AND we went to the Big12 tournament finals and should have won. I suspect it’s our Tier 1 record (12-14) which is far better ratio than last year and way better than Mizzou at 8-16-1.

I liked Kyle Peterson saying he was surprised TCU got in and that TCU was probably surprised they got in.

FBallFan123

“TCU finished the season 32-26 and ranked No. 59 in RPI, the worst of any at-large team and below Arizona, Brigham Young, Houston, Texas State, UCF and UC Irvine, all teams also considered to be on the bubble.

But the Horned Frogs went 14-15 against Big 12 competition and reached the semifinals of the conference tournament. They also had a dozen wins against top-50 opponents, more than any of the other bubble teams, and won 16 games away from Fort Worth.”

Unless something changed with who is on the NCAA baseball committee this season, a huge THANK YOU to Forever Omaha Frog in His Heart Chris Del Conte if he was the one who cast the deciding yes vote for TCU today. Us Frog Fans will save one more big thank you if you help keep the Big XII together come 2024.

We were the last team that got in the field of 64.

I'm shocked and excited to see what Lodolo, a now healthy Janzeck, and maybe King and our closer do in Fayetteville with this TCU offense. Please no Cal Coughlin unless the game is TCU up by 10 runs. I like his spirit, but he's had some bad luck this year.

The brand TCU Baseball just did to UCF, what Coach Dixon felt in March getting the shaft by the selection committee for TCU Basketball. Dixon is about to change that brand this coming Fall.

Still shocked and Go Frogs!
WHERE IS THE FAYETTE REGIONAL BRACKET? WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST IT?

Moose Stuff

But the Horned Frogs went 14-15 against Big 12 competition and reached the semifinals of the conference tournament. They also had a dozen wins against top-50 opponents, more than any of the other bubble teams, and won 16 games away from Fort Worth.”

There’s your explanation. 4 wins against regional hosts (and another over Baylor) in the last month don’t hurt either.

Pharm Frog

Wow...when Baseball America gets 63 out of 64 teams correct in its projection and you are the lone exception...seems like it’s a recipe for making some noise in the bracket. Also liked the RPI analysis v Tier 1 wins...

EDIT - Would’ve been nice to see UCSB actually play a game against a Q1 team.

jake102

I’m sure potential ceiling had a lot to do with it. A rotation of Lodolo, King and Williamson is solid when Williamson isn’t pitching well and amazing when he is. If you believe Janczak is back, well then that’s near elite

MTfrog5

Damn if we can win this regional I honestly think we will be in Omaha again. Regionals are set up for us if we were to lose but I like our chances against anyone in a best of 3 format.