• The KillerFrogs

We landed BB Transfer Maxwell Evans

SuperTFrog

career high 45% from the floor this year and a touch over 40% for his career, 33% from the arc, career 65% from the line, 135 career assists to 112 turnovers.

looks more like he has been a 2 than a 1 and had a season high of 29 against south carolina last year. 4th leading scorer for vandy last year at 8.5 points a game
He didn’t play/score much the first half of the season. Over the last 15 games he averaged over 12 points per game. If he can improve on that and average 13-14 points for us that would be huge.

wilson912

since pearson and easley played different positions i don't see evans as upgrade over either of them as the frogs still have a hole at the 4 that neither pearson or easley filled last year

evans would seem to fill the hole left by rj and his numbers are similar in regards to shooting percentages assist/ turnover ratio. who is the better player? no idea nor do i have a clue if he is significantly better than todd

the concern for me in mentioning toddy, fuller, and farabello is all three will be 3 years into the program and if they aren't ready to compete for a starting role or significant minutes something is really wrong in player development.

evans is clearly an upgrade over Easley and Mickey (neither appear to be power 5 players) as long as we do get some help up front.

Eight

evans is clearly an upgrade over Easley and Mickey (neither appear to be power 5 players) as long as we do get some help up front.

why do people keep saying he is an upgrade over two players who he doesn't even play the same position?

right now the team is basically replacing rj with evans and is that enough to lift this team out of the downward trend it has be on the past two seasons?

Eight

He didn’t play/score much the first half of the season. Over the last 15 games he averaged over 12 points per game. If he can improve on that and average 13-14 points for us that would be huge.

huge in what capacity?

jeff van gundy has talked multiple times about players scoring points is going to happen in a game even on bad teams so is this a move that simply adds a player similar to rj and replaces rj's shots and points or can it start to turn around the direction of this team?

most likely i am very wrong and we have been told we have no basketball iq so i feel completely free in saying this, but is this move going to stunt the growth of the younger players who would be going into year 3 in the program and won't get those minutes?

netty2424

Miles can play point just fine, the traditional PG doesn’t really exist anymore. You have to be able to score and can’t just facilitate.
Or at least we don’t have the luxury of worrying whether or not we have that kind of PG, let’s just get 5 good players on the court and win some games.
Miles was uncomfortable bringing the ball up this season. He was very quick to give it up to Nembhard. Maybe that was by design.

Not saying he can’t become that player, but he didn’t seem to want to last season. That’s a part of his game I believe is going to be critical for him to develop.

CountryFrog

Problem is we keep saying this every year about every player. We need this guy to improve on this and we need that guy to be an upgrade over so and so. And round and round we go. Meanwhile the actual results seem to be a little bit worse every season. So very clearly there's not nearly enough of this improving and upgrading actually happening.

cheese83

Miles was uncomfortable bringing the ball up this season. He was very quick to give it up to Nembhard. Maybe that was by design.

Not saying he can’t become that player, but he didn’t seem to want to last season. That’s a part of his game I believe is going to be critical for him to develop.

He didn’t start off that way and then it seemed to be a shift where he was almost coached to give RJ the ball bc Dixon trusted him more as the experienced player?

netty2424

He didn’t start off that way and then it seemed to be a shift where he was almost coached to give RJ the ball bc Dixon trusted him more as the experienced player?
Possible but Miles has a nice ability to separate and get a quick shot from the elbow.

That said, he definitely preferred going right. I think that caught up to him a little bit as he got some games under his belt and scouts put a book together on him.

Again, not saying he won’t develop into more of a PG/SG hybrid, just didn’t look comfortable to me at point. Huge fan of Miles and hope he sticks around. He could end up one of the TCU greats.