• The KillerFrogs

We don't agree on much

bearinfw

Had no idea this would generate these responses. For what it's worth, that was one helluva game, and I think I lost some more hair off of my head even though I don't have much to lose as it is.

To echo the original poster, hope those of you that went had a good time, and hope Baylor fans were classy, though I know we both have our truly rabid head cases.

But I do feel the need to respond:

George Will: when you posted that, the scoreboard was 0-0. It says something different now, but in the big scheme of things I think the series is about tied. (interesting that both athletic departments said that before this game the series was 50-49-7 in their favor- but how good was the record keeping of good ole whats-his-name... Jeremiah or Obidiah back in 1900-something.)

Weklfrog: it wasn't "having politicians get them into a conference that did not want them [that] lead to years of futility and wasted opportunity" it was having a president (Robert Sloan) that was in above his head who hired his buddy as athletic director (Tom Stanton) who had zero experience and who hired a truly horrible coach (Kevin Steele) followed by a mediocre coach (Guy Moriss) who was a truly terrible recruiter at every position save OL that led to years of futility.

jacktheweed: touche' ...good point- I never said we earned it now, but sure hope somehow we will get it.

TCUSA: never said we were "must have" just that if Bob Bullock wanted Tech in, he needed to include Baylor.

Young and Horned and Jake102 - you're just expressing your bitterness... I get that, but not sure anything I say can/will affect your feelings

Now crunch... did you actually read what I posted or just react based on seeing keywords? I tried to explain how based on attendance, enrollment and football record Baylor did earn it at the time, as well as explain that Ann Richards didn't have a lot if anything to do with it because she and the Baylor leadership were on the opposite sides of the political spectrum and were not very close.

RSF- yes, it's a fansite, but not affiliated with any particular school- found it using google and it seemed a good reference- are you questioning the validity of the records posted there?

Tonight TCU showed that it doesn't give up, that Gary Patterson proved once again (smiles and all) that he's a helluva coach, and I really liked the new QB. Tonight was the perfect outcome for me... Baylor won, but TCU showed why I really like them and will continue to root for them. I hope we (and I say "we" because I consider myself a TCU fan for every game but this one) win out, and win everything on next year's awesome schedule. I also hope that somehow after the dust settles on conference realignment, that TCU and Baylor wind up playing each other every year.

BearinFW

the dutchman

We will never forget what happened in 1994. If you look back then what happened was the best thing that could have ever happened for TCU.

I will make no bones about it as a TCU alum and Lettermen, I dont like Baylor and have never liked them. And I wont be rooting for you guys in the rest of your games. I hope that your pending wakeup call with a potential Big 12 shakeup and possible no more Big 12 will shake up your program the way it did TCU's in 1994. I hope Baylor has learned a lesson that you cant trust TU or Aggie and you cant ride coattails into a BCS conference or use political clout to get yourself into a conference. You must earn it and you didnt in 1994 neither did TCU, Rice, UH, or SMU and certainly Tech didnt either.

With that said I dont like Baylor but I respect them as a worthy opponent on the playing field. Do I think they are the same old "Dirty Baylor" Matter of fact, I sure do.

What I would wish is that Baylor fans and Baylor in general would respect TCU and what they have done. Baylor looks down on TCU and doesnt show us any respect. If you want to call that playing the little man then you are entitled to your own opinion. There is a reason TCU fans and players walk around with a chip on their shoulder. Our Frogs play with that chip on the shoulder attitude and it has been successful.

All we want is respect. All we want is an opportunity and I feel like under Gary Patterson we have earned it. We have shown the nation that we can build a program the right way and we dont have to use politics to get into a BCS conference. That is one thing that Baylor and its fans and its athletics dont give TCU enough of RESPECT. They look down on us and it is obvious. You arent so high and mighty Baylor. You arent so holier than thou.

You won a football game last night and Congratulations your team played well. My hats off to you. Give us what we deserve for a change cause you never have. You have always turned your nose up at TCU and thought you were better than us. Recognize what we have done and learn something from it cause you might just be put in that same situation soon. Dont expect TCU to help you out if you are in that situation.

We will never forget what you did to us in 1994. We will never forget anything that lead to the breakup of the SWC. Best of luck on the rest of your season but I wont be rooting for you.

Go Frogs.

Westsider

We will never forget what happened in 1994. If you look back then what happened was the best thing that could have ever happened for TCU.

I will make no bones about it as a TCU alum and Lettermen, I dont like Baylor and have never liked them. And I wont be rooting for you guys in the rest of your games. I hope that your pending wakeup call with a potential Big 12 shakeup and possible no more Big 12 will shake up your program the way it did TCU's in 1994. I hope Baylor has learned a lesson that you cant trust TU or Aggie and you cant ride coattails into a BCS conference or use political clout to get yourself into a conference. You must earn it and you didnt in 1994 neither did TCU, Rice, UH, or SMU and certainly Tech didnt either.

With that said I dont like Baylor but I respect them as a worthy opponent on the playing field. Do I think they are the same old "Dirty Baylor" Matter of fact, I sure do.

What I would wish is that Baylor fans and Baylor in general would respect TCU and what they have done. Baylor looks down on TCU and doesnt show us any respect. If you want to call that playing the little man then you are entitled to your own opinion. There is a reason TCU fans and players walk around with a chip on their shoulder. Our Frogs play with that chip on the shoulder attitude and it has been successful.

All we want is respect. All we want is an opportunity and I feel like under Gary Patterson we have earned it. We have shown the nation that we can build a program the right way and we dont have to use politics to get into a BCS conference. That is one thing that Baylor and its fans and its athletics dont give TCU enough of RESPECT. They look down on us and it is obvious. You arent so high and mighty Baylor. You arent so holier than thou.

You won a football game last night and Congratulations your team played well. My hats off to you. Give us what we deserve for a change cause you never have. You have always turned your nose up at TCU and thought you were better than us. Recognize what we have done and learn something from it cause you might just be put in that same situation soon. Dont expect TCU to help you out if you are in that situation.

We will never forget what you did to us in 1994. We will never forget anything that lead to the breakup of the SWC. Best of luck on the rest of your season but I wont be rooting for you.

Go Frogs.

Whiners like this don't represent the vast majority of Frogs.

Austintxfrog94

I concur. Baylor deserves props for putting it together last night for the win. It was an exciting game and their SR leadership pulled it out in the end. TCU fans excited about where the team looks currently? No! Is Baylor an even better rival now? Yes. Hopefully we can get them scheduled in the future. They also deserve props for having the cojones to come to our place and play unlike every other team in their conference.
Forget what happened in the early 90's...I played on the team in the early 90's and there was little to no $upport from (administration and donors) who are making the amazing things happen with our facilities currently. Baylor is a "rival", if you wish for an enemy to not forgive look to the folks in Austin and College Station.

smufrogger

I read the post and don't see whining. I see mention of lack of respect and of deeds done in1994 and this fan concurs!! High and bcs/ big12 mighty bears can drop to c-USA and drink humility. I for one don't wish them in any conference with tcu until they've earned it the hard way.

the dutchman

I concur. Baylor deserves props for putting it together last night for the win. It was an exciting game and their SR leadership pulled it out in the end. TCU fans excited about where the team looks currently? No! Is Baylor an even better rival now? Yes. Hopefully we can get them scheduled in the future. They also deserve props for having the cojones to come to our place and play unlike every other team in their conference.
Forget what happened in the early 90's...I played on the team in the early 90's and there was little to no $upport from (administration and donors) who are making the amazing things happen with our facilities currently. Baylor is a "rival", if you wish for an enemy to not forgive look to the folks in Austin and College Station.

If you reread the post you see no whining. I too saw what happened in 1994 and as you can see I understand we didnt deserve an invite but neither did Baylor. I gave them their due credit and congratulated them on the victory. But there was no whining maybe pure dislike for them but no whining. If the Big 12 falls, then let them earn their way into a BCS conference like we had to do. That is all. And if you dont see it they have never ever respected us. Not then and not now.

Look, I've explained a bajillion times that back in the day Ann Richards had nothing to do with it... Baylor earned it.

I will say this- you can be assured that any Baylor fans are not fair-weather band-wagon fans, and I hope they treat you better and with more class than TCU exhibits toward Baylor.

You are right...Ann Richards had nothing to do with it. But these are the facts: the Big 8 only wanted UT and aTm. It wasn't until Bullock, Sibley, Montford and Laney got involved that they even considered BU and Tech, and that was only because Baylor and Tech politicians threatened to cut funding to the UT and A&M school systems. The Big 12 became a 12-team league because of politics, and not because of performance by BU and Tech. But this doesn't fit the fairy tale for Baylor fans. Even though you were provided legitimate news reports contradicting the fairy tale, you continue to believe it.

If you truly believed that Baylor deserves to be in a BCS league based on performance, then can we assume that you believe they deserve to be left out when the next realignment happens? You'll be a typical Baylor hypocrite if you don't.

Even in the last 16 months, your politicians and your president have engaged in a political and PR campaign to keep you relevant. They know that BU hasn't earned the right. You don't see TCU doing any of that. We let our team do the talking.

And you've been living in a cave the last 15 years if you believe that Baylor fans treat TCU fans very well.

PurplePutt

I was going to post a congrats on baylorfans.com but couldn't log on because I was apparently banned? Don't recall posting anything worthy of that?

Oh well, congrats to the Bears. They were prepared. RGIII was lights out with his arm. Would hardly call him a dual threat QB. Like'em or not, rival or not, we need'em to keep winning. I'll be pulling for them from here on out. They could be 5-0 when they get the Aggies.