• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

LisaLT

True, but...
Houston is double the population of Phoenix. Non-affiliated fan base will be much larger.
TCU vs any SEC there - even Vandy - would have been a much better ticket selling outcome for them than BU for the Texas "Empty Seat" Bowl, IMO.
You guys are forgetting there is a large alumni base in Cali. I will be going, and I’m sure other west coasters will too.

froginmn

Impressive. I hope I’m alive at 79 much less have everything still working then
OK now this is even more of a HASMSP vibe.

Several months ago I took my dad to the doctor. While we were waiting for him to get called back to see the doc, an old guy walks in and tells the receptionist that he needs to make a future appointment. She asks his date of birth and he says "12 6 24". He makes the appointment, leaves the office, and jumps into the drivers seat of his car.

And I'm thinking, a 93 year old dude just drove himself to the doctors office to make an appointment.

Like a boss.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Where is proof CGP did veto on Texas Bowl? Common sense would say it's far more likely TCU got picked last and veto talk is an excuse to make fans feel better about last pick. Texas Bowl brings fans and added state exposure. Cheez It Bowl brings nothing.

Common sense says a rational human wouldn’t care which one of those things is true. I guess rational departed this board decades ago though.

Well said, I think AD got rolled or didn't sell TCU enough. As it stands today TCU was the least attractive option to the Big 12 bowl partners. Baylor/OSU were deemed more attractive than TCU and that's really hard to stomach. The AD dropped ball in making case why TCU should have been the most attractive option but instead we got picked last.
Are you absolutely sure GP didn’t want this bowl for the players?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Several months ago I took my dad to the doctor. While we were waiting for him to get called back to see the doc, an old guy walks in and tells the receptionist that he needs to make a future appointment. She asks his date of birth and he says "12 6 24". He makes the appointment, leaves the office, and jumps into the drivers seat of his car.

And I'm thinking, a 93 year old dude just drove himself to the doctors office to make an appointment.

Like a boss.
What you missed are the five cars he smashed into on the way out of the parking lot...

Like the old joke, "When I die, I want to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my Grandfather. Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car..."

Frog-in-law1995

Like a boss.

Was he driving a red LeBaron?

Casey T

SEC sent vandy to Texas bowl after they knew Baylor was playing there. If frogs were in Texas bowl we may have been matched with a different team.

Phoenix is nice in the winter though, based on this thread I'll see 1% of you there

That is the biggest bunch of hogwash! CGP didn't veto Texas Bowl, frogs got what they got and that's picked last. Any tall tales otherwise are cover for getting picked last. There is no way TCU turns down Texas Bowl where they sell tickets and get butts in seat to go to Cheez It Bowl where no seats are sold and on a horrible day. It didn't happen.
People at the highest levels of the athletic dept. were expecting the Cheez It Bowl as early as the middle of last week. Given the timing of that — and understanding how difficult it is to get multiple entities to make decisions in a very short period of time — I’m inclined to believe we let the Cheez It Bowl know we preferred that bowl instead of it going down how you perceive it to have gone down.

FrogLifeYo

What you missed are the five cars he smashed into on the way out of the parking lot...

Like the old joke, "When I die, I want to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my Grandfather. Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car..."
I once saw a guy in his 90s mow down a woman in a Walmart parking lot...He has no clue as he was parked right on top of her half severed leg..With 3 other guys we lifted the rear of the old Buick off of her and tried to stop the bleeding until an ambulance showed up..Even the sharpest of olds need to hang up the driving at some point..