• The KillerFrogs

We are just going to have accept this defense is what it is

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Every now and then TCU's defense is not what we have come to expect over two decades of typically great defense. Some years injuries have hurt, or recruiting misses in areas. Sometimes other teams are simply good offenses and that is the case a lot in the Big 12.

I think we have a combo of all that this year and it is apparent to me this defense is going to give up yards and points in huge chunks the rest of this season. Tech outgained us overall 558-498, including 214 rushing and 344 passing.

13 was much more involved and a factor than what I recall seeing in previous games this season. The other position is just not there. It seems he is washed out of action on many plays. Maybe I am not seeing things right.

Up front we did a good job of getting to Colombi and he was very fortunate a number of times to get a pass off (usually successfully) just before being hit or taken down. Give Tech credit. They are a good offensive team too.

We need to get healthier but not sure how much improvement we can expect this coming week. It is going to be a grind every game.

Go Frogs

Wexahu

It’s a bad combination of players being out of position too often and terrible tackling.

This D desperately needs a leader and a few guys that aren’t afraid to mix it up and get a little mean. They look so soft, especially the safeties. #15 and #20 look like they play with no intensity. And the interior line, I don’t know what’s going on there but they get wiped out of way too plays.

Js96

It’s a bad combination of players being out of position too often and terrible tackling.

This D desperately needs a leader and a few guys that aren’t afraid to mix it up and get a little mean. They look so soft, especially the safeties. #15 and #20 look like they play with no intensity. And the interior line, I don’t know what’s going on there but they get wiped out of way too plays.

Moose Stuff

It's a bad defense. But if they can just have stretches of competency and even make a couple plays here in there like they did in that first half last night then it gives us a chance. Probably will have to score 50 again next week to win.
I wouldn’t pay much attention to pretty much anything that happened after about the first 5 minutes of the second half last night. Focus on what we did to get to 38-10 and let the garbage after that slide.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
LHCGP has to stop scheming so much (all the way up to the snap) and just let them play. Be aggressive. I remember his Ds being far more aggressive. I’d rather give up a big play and yards that way then this slow, methodical beat down.
Warden Art and Linc both took advantage of GMFP's strategizing by snapping the ball in the middle of transitions, with players out of position and trying to get to a spot while the action is taking place.

Limp Lizard

Like almost every year the defense starts slowly then around games 7-8 starts to gel. Baylor scored 61 in game 5 in 2014 but what kind of defense did we have at year's end? If the offense is going well, we win. Also, per usual we come into the season all beaten up from Fall camp and it takes a few games to get the starters back and younger player learn the defense (Coleman looked great the few plays he was in, for instance. That spin move he put on the Tech tackle to get a sack was a thing of beauty. Soon he will be starting.)

At least the offense has done enough to keep them in the game. Against OU we won't be able to run the ball that well and will have to throw it to win. Or maybe Tech's DL is pretty good and we now have the best run blocking in college football....naw, we need to learn to throw the ball when we have to.

ticketfrog123

Like almost every year the defense starts slowly then around games 7-8 starts to gel. Baylor scored 61 in game 5 in 2014 but what kind of defense did we have at year's end? If the offense is going well, we win. Also, per usual we come into the season all beaten up from Fall camp and it takes a few games to get the starters back and younger player learn the defense (Coleman looked great the few plays he was in, for instance. That spin move he put on the Tech tackle to get a sack was a thing of beauty. Soon he will be starting.)

At least the offense has done enough to keep them in the game. Against OU we won't be able to run the ball that well and will have to throw it to win. Or maybe Tech's DL is pretty good and we now have the best run blocking in college football....naw, we need to learn to throw the ball when we have to.
There was nothing good about the tech team we played.
Tech and WVU are in the bottom tier next to Kansas.
KSU / TCU / Baylor / OKST / ISU in the next tier of hot and cold.
OU on top and Texas in tier 2.