• The KillerFrogs

WBB Transfer In & Out

BombshellFrog

Been keeping an eye on our Lady Frogs, so far this season 7 frogs have entered the transfer portal. We have also received 3 new transfer from the portal as well from Mississippi State, Nebraska & Iowa.

A new frog has entered the portal, Adika, who was the second leading scorer this year behind Heard.

So far, most of Pebley’s experienced players have left her program.

Can we ever go back to that 2020 seasoned team?

East Coast

Tier 1
Well, it's not as if those experienced players brought us many wins. Coach Pebley is a great ambassador for TCU. Because of that and the one year (2020) of success, it appears we are giving her every chance to turn it around. If she doesn't, I doubt she gets another contract.

JogginFrog

Well, if she can turn her program around like Jamie did in a year it would be great. With transfers, it can be done.
Maybe. But part of what makes it possible on the men's side is a deep talent pool. There is a lot of talent that can't get on the floor or find a good fit. With the women, I think the drop off between D1 starters and bench players is steeper and there aren't as many players seeking opportunities elsewhere.

Last year, men's Power 5 teams picked up at least 177 players from the portal (out of more than 1,500 transfers); women's Power 5 teams picked up only 134.

Between transfer Adika and graduate Heard, TCU needs to replace 25 points and 11 boards off a 6-22 team.

The two incoming Big 10 transfers accounted for 10.4 ppg and 7.3 rpg last season. Maybe their production goes up with more playing time, but that doesn't look like an even swap in production. Frogs need far more, and I don't know where they get it from.

Remember the response on this board when Dixon signed his transfers last year? Cautious optimism, because while 49.7 ppg left from 9 outgoing players, he added 63.3 ppg from 7 incoming transfers-- with the best three incoming combining for 11 ppg more than the best three outgoing. The announcements this week do not seem like that.