• The KillerFrogs

Waymon is out for the year

#3 is more talented than #1 or #2 in my opinion. I feel horrible for James if this really is true and can't wait to get him back but I just don't see a big drop in production based on the depth we have.

There was a reason Waymon was a 4 star recruit. Matthew and BJ can do the job but I'm not sure either of them has the pure talent of Way J. If BJ, in particular, shows he can then I will be happy and the team will be better for it.

lonestarfrog89

So to all of you self proclaimed doctors on the board who said it was no problem because he got up and walked off the field under his own power...

We have pissed off the football Gods.

tcudoc

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1348083008' post='1229736']
Well darn me . . .
[/quote]
Yessir!! I darn thee!
the_jerk-steve_martin-00.jpg

Fiscuits

If BJ, in particular, shows he can then I will be happy and the team will be better for it.

if a BJ shows, and everyone isn't happy and the teams not better for it, then I am going to start wondering if we're at a football game! Rock me!

(insert juvenile reference to oral male gratification replies after this post)

Goo

I actually just compiled a list (might be some slight position/reasoning errors).....

Injury:

Waymon James – Starting RB (if rumors are true)
Travoskey Garrett – Probable starting CB
Stephen Bryant – Starting TE/FB
Ross Forrest - Starting DE
Danny Heiss - Backup LB
Blake Roberts – Backup DE
Ethan Grant - Backup RB
Greg Burks – Backup LB

Drug Bust:

Tanner Brock – Starting LB
Devin Johnson – Starting safety
DJ Yendry – Starting DT
Ty Horn – Backup OT

Grades/Unspecified reasons:

Ed Wesley – Starting RB
James Dunbar – Starting OT
Deryck Gildon – Brock’s replacement, starting LB
Travaris Battle – Potential starting CB
Carter Wall - Backup OL
Nykerion Wellington – Backup OT
James Bailey – Backup safety

Austin Aune - backup QB (Yankees baseball)

Losing this many starters to unforseen injuries/grades is crazy! The worst part is if we are weak this year, all these Big12 fans are going to say TCU was never any good. WayJ was by far our best RB.

I guess one positive is that we should have a recruiting class of 35 next year with all this career ending injuries, etc.

CountryFrog

There was a reason Waymon was a 4 star recruit. Matthew and BJ can do the job but I'm not sure either of them has the pure talent of Way J. If BJ, in particular, shows he can then I will be happy and the team will be better for it.
If stars are all that matter then we should be ok since Dean was a 4 star and more highly ranked coming out of HS than Waymon was.

On a serious note, this is incredibly depressing. I really wish we could just go back to empty seats on the west side being our biggest topic of conversation. I used to hate those threads. Now I really miss them.

Froggle Rock

Okay, everybody take a deep breath.

WOOOOSAHHHHH.

Things are going to be OK. We have Tucker, Catalon and Dean (despite the last two being pretty unproven).

We also still have Casey, Boyce, Dawson, Carter, Brown and a slew of others. Not to mention, our defense still hasn't allowed a TD this year, and last time I checked, WJ didn't play in the secondary too.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I actually just compiled a list (might be some slight position/reasoning errors).....

Injury:

Waymon James – Starting RB (if rumors are true)
Travoskey Garrett – Probable starting CB
Stephen Bryant – Starting TE/FB
Ross Forrest - Starting DE
Danny Heiss - Backup LB
Blake Roberts – Backup DE
Ethan Grant - Backup RB
Greg Burks – Backup LB

Drug Bust:

Tanner Brock – Starting LB
Devin Johnson – Starting safety
DJ Yendry – Starting DT
Ty Horn – Backup OT

Grades/Unspecified reasons:

Ed Wesley – Starting RB
James Dunbar – Starting OT
Deryck Gildon – Brock’s replacement, starting LB
Travaris Battle – Potential starting CB
Carter Wall - Backup OL
Nykerion Wellington – Backup OT
James Bailey – Backup safety

You could add Justin Isadore at LBer as he would have still had a year or two left and obviously RB Dwight Smith.