• The KillerFrogs

Way Too Early Top 25

Wexahu

..... just one man’s list. #17 is interesting.

Iowa State #10?? Wow.

They lose their two best WRs and 4 starting O-lineman, plus I think 4 starters on defense, including I believe what were considered their two best defensive players. They've kind of gone from a team that is a little underappreciated to overrated very quickly IMO.

For the record, I understand if people are kind of ridiculing us being at #17 too. And I know it's just one man's opinion but I do see ISU up there in a few of these.

CardFrog

How can we be ranked ahead of Okie State? That is surprising. How can we be ranked at all after last seasons performance? Odd.
At the risk of being a broken record, TCU was not that far off last year from posting a decent record. Not making excuses but 3 more wins was very achievable. That's what I think he is saying and building for 2020.

dawg

aggy at 6?

giphy.gif

Getting that sucker cranked up early, I see.
1CaVO00.jpg

dawg

At the risk of being a broken record, TCU was not that far off last year from posting a decent record. Not making excuses but 3 more wins was very achievable. That's what I think he is saying and building for 2020.

Yep. We lost six one-score games; Iowa St was the only loss by more than 8, and that was a bit of an outlier. With a bit more efficiency on offense (a QB with a year of seasoning under his belt will help as will a WR coach that can actually coach WRs) and a few less mistakes... we aren't that far from 8-10 wins. Add in LHCGMFP's pattern of 10 wins immediately following losing seasons and five conference home games, and there is reason for hope in 2020.

Bruce Berry

Yep. We lost six one-score games; Iowa St was the only loss by more than 8, and that was a bit of an outlier. With a bit more efficiency on offense (a QB with a year of seasoning under his belt will help as will a WR coach that can actually coach WRs) and a few less mistakes... we aren't that far from 8-10 wins. Add in LHCGMFP's pattern of 10 wins immediately following losing seasons and five conference home games, and there is reason for hope in 2020.

We also beat Tech by 2, Purdue without their QB and Pine Bluff whatever.

FYI-Cumbie is still calling the plays.

McGregor's Goat

At the risk of being a broken record, TCU was not that far off last year from posting a decent record.

I think this is true but I still think that TCU was bad in 2019. Also, the OU game was close but it shouldn't have been - we were dominated and the close score was very fluky.

I can see TCU being kind of good (top 25-ish) if Duggan makes a huge leap (not unreasonable), the young running backs are good (seems likely), the receivers start catching balls that hit them in both hands (has to happen at some point, right?) and we have some happy surprises on the offensive line and defensive end (now things are starting to get unlikely). Plus Cumbie is still OC.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
How can we be ranked ahead of Okie State? That is surprising. How can we be ranked at all after last seasons performance? Odd.
Ya I believe this was made before Chuba Hubbard and Tylan Wallace decided to come back another year. They would probably be ranked high if that had been the case before the ranking came out