• The KillerFrogs

Way OT - Favorite Headphones for Extended Air Travel

Pharm Frog

If you didn't have issues in those flights they must be very comfortable

Or the alternative to wearing them would be unbearable. See my first post in this thread.

EDIT — I always liked my over-the-ear Bose noise cancelling headphones (and would probably still prefer them over the buds) but they were just too big to deal with so went with convenient carry.

mc1502

Or the alternative to wearing them would be unbearable. See my first post in this thread.

EDIT — I always liked my over-the-ear Bose noise cancelling headphones (and would probably still prefer them over the buds) but they were just too big to deal with so went with convenient carry.
While a large headphone is more difficult to travel with, I have to fly to Australia, India, China and the Philippines on a regular basis, and those are very long flights (34 hrs with the shortest layover is typical), so I place a very high premium on comfort.

frogs9497

Thank you. They look comfortable. Might stop by BB on the way home tonight.

They've been comfortable. Thus far, the longest I've worn them is on a 4-hour flight. I'll get to try them out for longer periods during summer travel (although nowhere near the number of hours you mentioned above!).

My wife got me these at Christmas, and told me she read quite a few reviews before deciding. She also considered the Bose QC35s.

flyfishingfrog

I recommend American first or business class - where they provide them for you

Otherwise go Q35 - the charge will last to CDG and back and the over the ear is quieter- especially during the summer travel season for brat packs

Children should not be allowed in the front - now get off my lawn

frogs9497

Otherwise go Q35 - the charge will last to CDG and back and the over the ear is quieter- especially during the summer travel season for brat packs

giphy.gif

Pharm Frog

While a large headphone is more difficult to travel with, I have to fly to Australia, India, China and the Philippines on a regular basis, and those are very long flights (34 hrs with the shortest layover is typical), so I place a very high premium on comfort.

Makes me more and more glad that my company did not take me up on my offer to go ex-pat.

mesohornedfrog

If using the wire, are they powered through the wire, or do they still have to be charged to work? I need a headphone that can work completely off of the plane's headphone jack if possible

The 'power' on QC35 is directly related to the noise cancelling. I have a pair and love them, and would definitely recommend spending the money on some good ones like that if you're going to be traveling frequently.

The wire will work for the headphones without battery like any other headphone you can plug into the jack, and you can choose to turn on or off noise cancellation. Battery life of mine is I think 20 hours wireless, 40 wired, and most of the planes nowadays have usb ports where you can plug in the headphones for half an hour and get a good charge for the remainder of a long flight.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I suppose that’s an acceptable answer if one wants to debase themselves by flying commercial. Most of my private jets have theaters with Dolby 7 surround. No need for headphones. I recommend everyone just get their own jet.

hometown frog

Bose Bose Bose. I’ve got the QC25 model (older around the ear model that uses a AA battery instead of the integral recharging ones in the QC35) and bought a Bluetooth adapter than let’s me pull the cord.

I borrowed a buddies QC35s one flight and they are even better. Mostly CONUS flights but about a dozen to Heathrow and still loved them.
Won’t fly without them at this point.

mc1502

Received these at Christmas... highly recommend.

I checked them out at BB last night. They are very comfortable, and have very balanced sound. I contrasted them to the Bose QC35. The QC was a little more comfortable, but the Sony's sound was more balanced.