• The KillerFrogs

Watch Updated Road Closings in Ark

Pharm Frog

Future DIL of Pharm is heading to Tahlequah from Granbury tomorrow. Roads between here and there seem okay currently but we’re watching it.

Eight

You know the rules...

welcome-sign.jpg

Pharm Frog

I don’t know anything about Oklahoma or Arkansas geography but these sound like some made up (or backwater) towns

As the sign earlier in this thread indicates, Tahlequah is the Capital of the Cherokee Nation. Also the setting for the book, Where the Red Fern Grows. And, wait for it....the final resting place of the Incredible Mr. Ed. I suppose you could say that these towns are “backwater” as Tahlequah is adjacent to Lake Tenkiller and Salisaw is next to the Arkansas River just west of Ft. Smith. To me it’s some of the best scenery between the Smokies and the Rockies. And the route fly is quite legit although not very efficient.

Boomhauer

As the sign earlier in this thread indicates, Tahlequah is the Capital of the Cherokee Nation. Also the setting for the book, Where the Red Fern Grows.
Funny, that was the first thing I noted as I’m currently reading that book to my kids. Great book that I last remembered reading when I was 12 or so.