• The KillerFrogs

Warning: Don't buy anything from Boykin on Instagram or Twitter

netty2424

This is baylor’s year...don’t poke the bowl team that beat Vanderbilt, they’re supposed to be conference champion darkhorses
tenor.gif

Mean Purple

I think the piling on is a little rough. Yea, if true, this really sucks, but the guy is at an all time low. Sometimes that happens in life before things get better. I'll gladly hold on to the thought of what the Frog Nation did for little Abby because of TB.
I could see the point about piling on if the claimed issue that is subject of this thread did not happen.
SO, my question is, did the op file a police report?

I can understand the warning. TB has gone off the rails the past few years, no doubt. And any talk of second or third chances left the station long ago.

Mean Purple

I wouldn’t call that one a fluke play as Doctson got in the way of another WR touchdown. The fluke was him just throwing it up to KL and having him take the ball away after one had already been picked.
TB was int prone. But other than his usual 1 or 2 throw up for grabs, I thought he played well. Whole team did.

Mean Purple

Im sorry.. But by not calling the cops I'm actually beginning to wonder if this story is true. There is no way any half way educated person with all the evidence in the world doesn't call the cops.

I don't care if you're a millionaire or what...not pursuing this legally makes me question the whole thing.
with the topic being a warning so folks don't get duped, you raise an interesting point.

Wexahu

Yes! That is exactly right. Good ball player, [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty person. Very very sad as that was not apparent while he played for TCU. I think of little Abby and what she must think now.

I imagine her parents feel pretty awkward about the whole thing. It's great what TCU fans did for Abby but all TB did was crouch down and say hi to her. Really, that wasn't that big a deal in and of itself, it was completely blown out of proportion only because a nice picture was taken. Made me a little uncomfortable to be honest because it seemed like a PR deal more than anything genuine. If people thought TB was a great guy because of that, that's being naive to say the least.

Mean Purple

I imagine her parents feel pretty awkward about the whole thing. It's great what TCU fans did for Abby but all TB did was crouch down and say hi to her. Really, that wasn't that big a deal in and of itself, it was completely blown out of proportion only because a nice picture was taken. Made me a little uncomfortable to be honest because it seemed like a PR deal more than anything genuine. If people thought TB was a great guy because of that, that's being naive to say the least.
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't one of the other TCU players greet her before he did?
Not that it really matters. The captains for both teams were being kind to her and lifting her spirits, so what any of those players went on to do doesn't really matter. The moment was about a child getting an uplifting moment.

Billy Clyde

I hate to even post this but wanted to warn everyone that Boykin is scamming fans though Instagram, text and Twitter. It is definitely Boykin but he never sends the merchandise (helmets, jerseys etc.).

I am a victim of it (he and I spoke via phone -- sent him over $2,000 for the Peach Bowl jersey, helmets, etc. and told him I would hold the stuff for him and if he ever wanted it back to give me a call and I would sell it back at what he sold it to me for.). Never sent me anything and it seems half a dozen of people on Reddit are complaining about it. Seems my Peach Bowl jersey was sold to five others.

We all feel pretty disappointed but the only thing we can really do is warn others. Unfortunate all around. Mods feel free to delete this if it is inappropriate.

Not in any way trying to tell you what to do here, and SIAP, but if you haven't already considered it, I'm sure the DA prosecuting his Agg Assault case(I don't think it's been tried or pled yet?) would like to know about this. Both in terms of what to offer him to plead that case, and to have something in his pocket in case of trial.
It's one thing to have an idea, or a "gut feeling," that a guy is probably all kinds of wrong, but it's something else altogether to have the goods on him for other stuff he's done. It's maddening to have a defendant tell a judge or jury, "This one isolated incident was so out of character for me, it's not who I am, just a bad day," and you know it's BS but can't prove it.
All that said, you have the absolute right to do whatever is good for you in dealing with it.

netty2424

So you’re saying that was an orchestrated event with a photog put in place to capture the image?

Wexahu

So you’re saying that was an orchestrated event with a photog put in place to capture the image?

It wasn't orchestrated. I'm saying because someone captured the photo it was capitalized on. TB was our Heisman candidate and that "moment" was used as an example of what a great guy TB is.

netty2424

It wasn't orchestrated. I'm saying because someone captured the photo it was capitalized on. TB was our Heisman candidate and that "moment" was used as an example of what a great guy TB is.
Maybe so. But strip away all the bull and it was a great moment. One that changed Abby forever.

How many high profile athletes walk by kids every day and ignore them, don’t shake/slap their hands walking into a tunnel, sign a hat, etc. Even shippy people can do good things sometimes. TB didn’t have to get down and talk to that little girl. But he did. Can’t take that away.

How others piggy backed off that moment wasn’t on him, IMO. Not that time.

MTfrog5

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't one of the other TCU players greet her before he did?
Not that it really matters. The captains for both teams were being kind to her and lifting her spirits, so what any of those players went on to do doesn't really matter. The moment was about a child getting an uplifting moment.
Patterson said Pierson did before Boykin but nobody was bringing that up because there wasn’t a picture of it. Think he said this when he had his issues the year after during the off-season. Her dad has been on here and has said he hasn’t taken everything Boykin related out of her room.