• The KillerFrogs

War in Ukraine Thread

Peacefrog

Degenerate
If people really made so much money from war, all of them would be endless...
The war is pretty much endless at this point. It just changes locations. The same people that praised ending Afghanistan because we didn’t need to spend money on other countries’ problems are now praising sending unlimited cash to Ukraine. We made it almost 4 hours without a war (assuming you ignore the other parts of the Middle East).
 

HFrog1999

Member
We are experiencing Orwell’s fever dream in real time.

0a2e277c542c66403d09c1ef6ae5dc9b.jpg
 

geezer

Don't know what you're saying? Don't say it.
"The US is preparing $1 billion more in military aid to Ukraine, the largest drawdown from existing inventories since Russia’s invasion, according to the Pentagon.

The assistance package includes long-range artillery munitions, anti-tank weapons and medical vehicles and supplies, the Defense Department said in a statement Monday.

It’s the 18th drawdown of Pentagon inventories since August 2021 and brings the total of US security assistance to Ukraine under the Biden administration to about $9.8 billion."

 

geezer

Don't know what you're saying? Don't say it.
"Two U.S. agencies announced massive new rounds of support for Ukraine on Monday, with the Agency for International Development (USAID) committing $4.5 billion to help support the nation's faltering economy while the Department of Defense announced another $1 billion in security assistance as Ukraine’s military fights off a Russian invasion."

 

geezer

Don't know what you're saying? Don't say it.
Re: US Aid to Ukraine:

To date, Congress has approved a total of $54 Billion in aid to Ukraine--$14B in March; $40B in May. Both pieces of legislation were approved by overwhelming bipartisan majorities. For example, the $40B package passed the Senate 86-11. If you have a problem, write/call you senators and congresscritters.

The announcements you are posting reflect money from the $54 Billion pot being spent. It's not new money.

Think of it this way, you get your monthly paycheck. That's your approved amount. The announcement the government is making is like you posting that "Hey, today I spent $500 for car repairs" out of this month's paycheck.

One more note: Please note the phrase "drawdown from existing inventories". The weapons/ammunitions we are sending to Ukraine are coming from what the US military has on hand--and the $ amount is what the items would cost if bought new. Of course, when we "drawdown" current US inventory, it must be replaced, so that $ figure would represent what the US would pay its own suppliers for the replacement items.
 

LVH

Active Member
Re: US Aid to Ukraine:




To date, Congress has approved a total of $54 Billion in aid to Ukraine--$14B in March; $40B in May. Both pieces of legislation were approved by overwhelming bipartisan majorities. For example, the $40B package passed the Senate 86-11. If you have a problem, write/call you senators and congresscritters.




The announcements you are posting reflect money from the $54 Billion pot being spent. It's not new money.

Think of it this way, you get your monthly paycheck. That's your approved amount. The announcement the government is making is like you posting that "Hey, today I spent $500 for car repairs" out of this month's paycheck.

One more note: Please note the phrase "drawdown from existing inventories". The weapons/ammunitions we are sending to Ukraine are coming from what the US military has on hand--and the $ amount is what the items would cost if bought new. Of course, when we "drawdown" current US inventory, it must be replaced, so that $ figure would represent what the US would pay its own suppliers for the replacement items.
Oh so its $54 billion now? More than the $40 billion?

No wonder it passed via bi-partisan support - WE CALL IT THE UNIPARTY FOR A REASON. Both parties are out to screw the American People.

We continue to write blank checks to Ukraine while we have homeless veterans out here on the streets. Middle class being crushed by inflation and cost of living. Let's face it - the money is not actually used to support Ukraine, its used to line the pockets of the politically connected. CBS had a report this weekend that only 30% of the money is actually used for aid... so where is the other 70% going?
 

geezer

Don't know what you're saying? Don't say it.
Oh so its $54 billion now? More than the $40 billion?

No wonder it passed via bi-partisan support - WE CALL IT THE UNIPARTY FOR A REASON. Both parties are out to screw the American People.

We continue to write blank checks to Ukraine while we have homeless veterans out here on the streets. Middle class being crushed by inflation and cost of living. Let's face it - the money is not actually used to support Ukraine, its used to line the pockets of the politically connected. CBS had a report this weekend that only 30% of the money is actually used for aid... so where is the other 70% going?

 

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Olga, we go to beach vacation and watch victorious Rodina special military opera…what was that loud noise!


 
Last edited:
Top