• The KillerFrogs

War in Ukraine Thread

FrogUltimate

I actually feel bad for the people who want student loan forgiveness. I’m 100% against it without massive reform, but I’d prefer we do that rather than send billions overseas

Wexahu

I actually feel bad for the people who want student loan forgiveness. I’m 100% against it without massive reform, but I’d prefer we do that rather than send billions overseas
Student loans is exactly the kind of the thing the federal government should never be involved in. Never, ever, ever. Hell, the entire Department of Education is completely unnecessary.

I don't think local and state government should stick their nose in student loans either, but for sure not D.C.

FrogUltimate

Student loans is exactly the kind of the thing the federal government should never be involved in. Never, ever, ever. Hell, the entire Department of Education is completely unnecessary.

I don't think local and state government should stick their nose in student loans either, but for sure not D.C.
Couldn’t agree more.

vicarfrog

there is a small rub to this though and that is while more and more countries look to within themselves they are less and less capable of solely surviving on their own.

if we have learned anything from covid and the recent events in ukraine it is just how intertwined global economies are with each other and no one can stand on their own without some interaction with outside parties

True, I don't think this post-globalist society will ever be strict isolationists. But in the context of this thread, we can see that new alliances are forming. Russia has now found itself a friend in China, India, Brazil, and they're all happy to trade in Russian rubles. And it looks like the economic sanctions hurt them for a little bit, but the Ruble is back.

But it does mean some type of return to either nationalism (MAGA), ethno-centrism (think Russia), or Religion (think Poland/Hungary's return to Catholicism, Afghanistan's vehement rejection of Western ideals, or India's Bharatiya Janata Party and Hinduism)

LVH

They are currently posing quite a threat to a European country.
Why is it up to the US taxpayers to foot the $40 billion bill? Why can't other European countries step in if its so important?

QktMn0EQhImE.jpeg

Last edited:

An-Cap Frog

I simply asked a question which you have yet to answer, but just try to inflame - are you related to Putin by chance..

I'll ask again.. You said Biden should have negotiated an end to this war. I asked what should he have said/offered to get Russia to end it?
No relation...

How about for starters: Hey Putin, c'mon man. Listen, take the Donbas region and go home...how 'bout some ice cream?

Instead we are actively participating in a proxy war that can escalate and cause WWIII.

How easy it for you to be a shill for the Biden Administration?

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Why is it up to the US taxpayers to foot the $40 billion bill? Why can't other European countries step in if its so important?

QktMn0EQhImE.jpeg
I'm not endorsing the bill. I never even commented on it.

Eight asked if you think Russia posed a threat to the US or Europe. You seemed to say no, despite the fact they are currently invading a European country.

you think russia poses no threat of any kind to any of europe or the us?

What threat have they posed since the fall of the USSR and end of the Cold War?

Last edited:

Endless Purple

No relation...

How about for starters: Hey Putin, c'mon man. Listen, take the Donbas region and go home...how 'bout some ice cream?

Instead we are actively participating in a proxy war that can escalate and cause WWIII.

How easy it for you to be a shill for the Biden Administration?
Thank you for an answer. No lets see about next as I assume you have this thought out.

You just said Biden should support Putin and give him a large section of Ukraine, which by the way is not Biden's to give away. What happens next? What if Ukraine refuses and continues the fight without US support costing tons more lives? or simply surrenders because of being turned on by the US and is now betrayed?

What if Putin says he wants Luhansk and Odessa areas as well, since the US is showing negotiating weakness by giving in on one region? Do we agree and give Putin all of Ukraine's eastern regions of mineral supplies and farm regions and all port access?

Is Putin now happy and goes home comfortably every night for the next many years happy with Russia's security? or Does he then invade another section of Ukraine in a few years or another country and expect the US to simply support him again? knowing he got his win this time (and previous with Chechnya). After all his goal is to rebuild the Soviet Union.

What if he agrees, then pulls out and invades Finland as they are talking of joining NATO. Do we then say "Hey, stop being mean, we will give FInland too"?

How does it affect US world relations, knowing we will happily help one major European country take over another? Are we now buddy buddy with Russia and all of the EU or do we lose support of other European countries?

Giving away someone else's country has consequences, so what happens next?

FYI: I must be a big Biden Shill since I voted straight Republican.