• The KillerFrogs

Walker Howard (5* QB) to TCU?

Toad Jones

Frogfam4

I don't see the Frogs going after any of the big named QB in the portal. I know they have NIL money, but I wonder what they are offering? If they feel like Morris is the QB, why not go get Chad Morris to be the OC and bring in QB that is not a 4/5 star kid. A 3 star guy that wants a change and a chance to prove he can play?.

McFroggin

I don't see the Frogs going after any of the big named QB in the portal. I know they have NIL money, but I wonder what they are offering? If they feel like Morris is the QB, why not go get Chad Morris to be the OC and bring in QB that is not a 4/5 star kid. A 3 star guy that wants a change and a chance to prove he can play?.

We need someone ready to go

4 Oaks Frog

Sam Huard doesn’t make sense from Huard’s perspective because of the competition of having to beat out Morris. Huard left Washington because he wants to start and was not willing to wait just one more year for Michael Penix to be done.

Micheal Penix surprised everyone and decided to stay for his 6th year. Penix left Indiana after 2021 and became a star at Washington, last year a crazy 4600 yards passing with 31 TD’s and only 8 picks. I wonder why he was not in NY for the Heisman.

A good article here on Huard, a five-star QB, #3 QB recruit in the 2021 class. He and his family are Washington natives, and his dad, Damon Huard, was QB at Washington and then the NFL. Sam dreamed of playing at Washington but is moving on because he has not played since 2019 (2020 pandemic messed up his HS senior year) and wants to start in 2023.

You can read this article in Reader View on Apple iOS if you are not a subscriber.
My Seattle friend was told by a UW alum that Penix will receive $2.5 million to stay. Appears Penix was projected to be drafted 1st to 3rd round, but his poor injury history from 2018-21 would have made the 1st round doubtful. Two ACL’s, a sternoclavicular joint and his left shoulder.

The 2020 Covid free year makes it possible for Penix to stay, his 5th competing season plus his 2018 redshirt year. This made for a bad break and tough decision for Sam Huard, and he chose to leave, to be QB1 in 2023.

I wonder if the Washington boosters have regret now that Huard left; they may have taken him for granted, assuming he would stay because of family ties and his known love for Washington. Now watch Penix get hurt again, in game one, a season ending injury, while Sam Huard plays 2023 elsewhere.
Morris won’t be that hard to beat…

Walker Howard would’ve been a terrific add. A rare opportunity to get a 5-star QB. That has never happened at TCU. A great arm and it appears he sees the field well and can run.

Eligibility years could have played a role. Jaxson Dart at Mississippi only has 2 years of eligibility left and may leave after one if he continues in the starting role and shines at Ole Miss. Worst case for Howard is he sits for two years and then has 2 years left to play.

Morris has three years of eligibility left and being he does not have NFL size he may use all three, though I suspect there would be opportunity for Howard to jump into that starting role and keep it.

Last edited:

Frogfam4

Walker Howard would’ve been a terrific add. A rare opportunity to ge a 5-star QB. That has never happened at TCU. A great arm and it appears he sees the field well and can run.

Eligibility years could have played a role. Jaxson Dart at Mississippi only has 2 years of eligibility left and may leave after one if he continues in the starting role and shines at Ole Miss. Worst case for Howard is he sits for two years and then has 2 years left to play.

Morris has three years of eligibility left and being he does not have NFL size he may use all three, though I suspect there would be opportunity for Howard to jump into that starting role and keep it.
If he would have come to TCU, he would not have sat behind Morris. He had a really good shot at winning the job. All that does not matter now. It's on to the next QB recruit. Hope to find a good one.

Eight

Saban ran his DC off - he didn’t leave by choice

And the only thing Ole Miss has going is money and a lot of it

If the same TCU guys that seem to be ok with Briles would put more of their money where their mouth is on NIL - we would not have missed

But we blew it - there is no ifs or buts about that

nick got rid of golding because nick isn't going to fire nick and their defense has dropped off because their talent level has fallen off

the loss of bo davis and the job smart has done at uga is hurting bama

concerning ole miss having nothing going, if they have another winning season next year it will be the first time in roughly 20 years they have 3 consecutive winning seasons so that is something

sounds as if you are okay w tcu paying what is needed per player if you believe the frogs blew it

Last edited:
Morris won’t be that hard to beat…
I hope Morris would be hard to beat. He won the job to begin 2022 and seems many believe he has a glowing passing game. He better be hard to knock off because he is TCU’s 2023 #1 QB and the team is dependent on him being good. If not, Dykes and NIL money should maybe have been coaxing Duggan to return as Duggan could have used more college development before going to the draft.

I have some suspicion that Duggan may have felt a bit obligated to move on, for Chandler and Jackson to have their time in the sun. And now Jackson is gone anyway.

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

If he would have come to TCU, he would not have sat behind Morris. He had a really good shot at winning the job. All that does not matter now. It's on to the next QB recruit. Hope to find a good one.
He’s third string at LSU - this is BS if he’s light years better than a TCU starter

y2kFrog

He’s thrown 4 career passes. Morris has a game of 500 total yards against the 10th rank defense in the nation.

bc puckett

How’d Morris do against Colorado? He’s got potential, but he ain’t perfect.
And how many people on here were thrilled that Morris beat out Max as QB1 to start the season? How’d that work out? Deep breath folks only about eight and a half months to Deion brings his clown show to town

Frogfam4

TICKET 1310 reporting Okie St QB Spencer Sanders to OLE MISS. Interesting.
young dolph plies GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop