• The KillerFrogs

Waiting for Delton to make an appearance at RB or WR...

Punter1

The dude is a strong, fast, physical runner who can obviously throw it a little bit....I think we would be well served to find ways to get the ball in his hands. Kinda like Boykin in ''13 when Casey came back...but not at punt returner...at Kansas State no less...

Obviously it opens the door for many trick plays but it will immediately draw the attention of the defense and could serve as a valuable decoy opposite Reag.

Here's hoping we have a couple bubble screens or reverses in for him moving forward. Dude is just too a runner not to utilize...

I'm not sure about all that but if Cumbie remains committed to the Wild Frog, and it seems that he cannot let it go, he could be a natural fit to do that and should have enough read, recognition and ball handling skills to incorporate some RPO options into what otherwise appears to be a very stale concept.

y2kFrog

I'm not sure about all that but if Cumbie remains committed to the Wild Frog, and it seems that he cannot let it go, he could be a natural fit to do that and should have enough read, recognition and ball handling skills to incorporate some RPO options into what otherwise appears to be a very stale concept.

We literally haven’t run it one since the Sewo interception.

Eight

delton is not a better option at running back than darius, not sure if he offers the overall versatility of de mercado, and a physical as sewo when sewo runs north and south.

which receiver's targets do you take away? he isn't as explosive as reagor, not the physical mismatch of wells, or the future upside of hunt.

he is a very good guy and teammate who doesn't fit a position in this offense

Punter1

delton is not a better option at running back than darius, not sure if he offers the overall versatility of de mercado, and a physical as sewo when sewo runs north and south.

which receiver's targets do you take away? he isn't as explosive as reagor, not the physical mismatch of wells, or the future upside of hunt.

he is a very good guy and teammate who doesn't fit a position in this offense

I think outta 80 plays a game we can find Alex 5-8 touches and I think those would be very productive plays. Dude can gain yards and run the ball.

And having him on the field for another 10-15 would absolutely draw the attention of the defense every play and divert attention and draw players from where we want to go. I'm just saying Delton is the perfect guy to use situationally to get attention off Jet or Reag...and to gain some hard yards with his physicality and speed.

Eight

I think outta 80 plays a game we can find Alex 5-8 touches and I think those would be very productive plays. Dude can gain yards and run the ball.

And having him on the field for another 10-15 would absolutely draw the attention of the defense every play and divert attention and draw players from where we want to go. I'm just saying Delton is the perfect guy to use situationally to get attention off Jet or Reag...and to gain some hard yards with his physicality and speed.

whose touches?

if it is taking touches from darius or jalen the answer is no

if it is taking touches from hunt or wells the answer is no

this offense doesn't need gimmicks it needs a sound game plan and execution and i don't see the physical running or speed you say alex brings to the offense

other weapons with more speed and potential ability who need the reps

Froggish

I think you view Delton differently then anyone else does...We have weapons on the field now that we haven’t been able consistently get the ball to..If we ranked all our Of skills players he would be about 8th. I just don’t see him as the weapon that you do but we can agree to disagree. He’s a 5th year grad transfer 6 games into his last season of his career..transitioning to another position at this point does seem like a real probability.

Punter1

whose touches?

if it is taking touches from darius or jalen the answer is no

if it is taking touches from hunt or wells the answer is no

this offense doesn't need gimmicks it needs a sound game plan and execution and i don't see the physical running or speed you say alex brings to the offense

other weapons with more speed and potential ability who need the reps

Of coarse not Jalen or Jet...but I guarantee you if you put Delton in the middle of 3 wide set on one side and isolate Reagor on the other....the defense would be severely compromised on one side or the other. There are 10 different plays you could run off that set...all that would be better than if someone else was in there instead of Delton. Or if you put Delton in motion behind Duggan secondary eyes would have to be in the backfield allowing guys to run deep. You can still be conventional and run the ball but having Delton in is a huge decoy that will draw attention.

If you can't imagine the multitude of possibilities with either the ball in Delton's hands (who once ran for 160 yards in a bowl game) or having him on the field as a decoy....then you don't have a very good imagination. Delton is a weapon...every bit as big a weapon as Wells or Hunt and we need to take advantage of it.

Eight

Of coarse not Jalen or Jet...but I guarantee you if you put Delton in the middle of 3 wide set on one side and isolate Reagor on the other....the defense would be severely compromised on one side or the other. There are 10 different plays you could run off that set...all that would be better than if someone else was in there instead of Delton. Or if you put Delton in motion behind Duggan secondary eyes would have to be in the backfield allowing guys to run deep. You can still be conventional and run the ball but having Delton in is a huge decoy that will draw attention.

If you can't imagine the multitude of possibilities with either the ball in Delton's hands (who once ran for 160 yards in a bowl game) or having him on the field as a decoy....then you don't have a very good imagination. Delton is a weapon...every bit as big a weapon as Wells or Hunt and we need to take advantage of it.

yes, you really have to have a good imagination to see delton as a weapon

Punter1

yes, you really have to have a good imagination to see delton as a weapon

Never mind...I was mistaken. You have an incredible imagination if you think Delton deserves more touches than T Hunt. He has more drops than catches this year and looks beyond scared out there.

;But hey...lets keep this conventional stagnant offense you insist we keep running and see if one day it works. OR OR...maybe we start using some experienced, proven offensive players in creative ways that play to their strengths.

We should be running at least 2 low risk trick plays a game...and Delton should be involved. Like Dez White back to Kenny Hill that worked twice in 2017...or Kolby L to Aaron Grren in 2014...or S Nixon to JDoc in 2015. Something to catch the defense off guard and provide a spark.

We haven't tried one of those plays this year and even within the offense there has been almost zero creativity or new plays we haven't seen before.

But whatever....you and Cumbie know best....let's keep tolling out this unoriginal offense week after week and keep running bad plays to bad players. Its worked so great so far this year...

Eight

Never mind...I was mistaken. You have an incredible imagination if you think Delton deserves more touches than T Hunt. He has more drops than catches this year and looks beyond scared out there.

;But hey...lets keep this conventional stagnant offense you insist we keep running and see if one day it works. OR OR...maybe we start using some experienced, proven offensive players in creative ways that play to their strengths.

We should be running at least 2 low risk trick plays a game...and Delton should be involved. Like Dez White back to Kenny Hill that worked twice in 2017...or Kolby L to Aaron Grren in 2014...or S Nixon to JDoc in 2015. Something to catch the defense off guard and provide a spark.

We haven't tried one of those plays this year and even within the offense there has been almost zero creativity or new plays we haven't seen before.

But whatever....you and Cumbie know best....let's keep tolling out this unoriginal offense week after week and keep running bad plays to bad players. Its worked so great so far this year...

you wrote four paragraphs refuting something i never said and you keep going back to one point that i keep waiting for you to provide proof

i presume that you mean alex delton is an experienced, proven offensive player.

what has he proven? where has he proven it?

Eight

Does any of this matter?

dgYATT6.gif