• The KillerFrogs

Waco Tribune-Herald: Frogs give warts to Baylor's title hopes, spring upset, 75-72

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
5e5b051d66ab1.image.jpg

Frogs give warts to Baylor's title hopes, spring upset, 75-72

FORT WORTH — Isn’t it just like old and bitter rival TCU to hand Baylor its most damaging loss of the season?

Needing a win to stay on top of the Big 12 race with No. 1 Kansas, Baylor watched Desmond Bane erupt for 19 of his game-high 23 points in the second half as the Horned Frogs rallied for a 75-72 upset before 6,549 fans Saturday afternoon at Schollmaier Arena.

The No. 2 Bears were the highest ranked team the Horned Frogs have ever beaten at home. The loss threw Baylor (25-3, 14-2) a game behind Kansas (26-3, 15-1) in the Big 12 standings with two regular season games remaining.

Read more at https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/col...cle_52b4bd52-7425-571a-9944-eeb500dfa491.html

Portland Frog

Nice comments on Bane by Drew: “I am so glad Desmond’s a senior,” Drew said. “I love cheering for him when we’re not playing him. He’s a hard worker and a great kid and he deserves all the success he’s had. I’m glad we’ll be seeing him play in a different league next year, hopefully the NBA.”

Fuller didn't get much pub following the W, but his growth as a player has been noticeable and he was huge yesterday too. So great to see. And others are stepping up (Grayer, Dennis) too. Keep it up guys!