• The KillerFrogs

Volunteers Needed at TCU Home Sports Games

FrogAbroad

iu

They sell 'em at the Walmart...

TheFDN

Sounds a little fishy to me (I’m a cynic by nature), so I did a little internet sleuthing. This organization asking for help running their concession booths, “CL Equals Caring and Loving,” is indeed a registered 501c3 tax exempt organization per the IRS. It was registered in 2019 to a Cassandra McAllister of Lithonia, GA. They run the same request through “VolunteerMatch” asking for volunteers to run their concession stands at myraid college and professional sports arenas. I can find no website, social media presence or mission statement for the charity. I did find a few news articles, including the one below, about a fraudster by the name of Cassandra McAllister in Georgia. No idea whether it is the same person, but not much else comes up when you search for the name.

Presumably, they are asking for volunteers to work the booths for free with the charity proceeds going to this nebulous entity in Georgia. Not telling anyone what to do, but trying to help anyone interested in making an informed decision.

Froglaw

what is really sad is what is required to simply volunteer to help in certain areas of the church we attend

Background check. Bare minimum is to look for registered sex offenders and criminal convictions for a felony or crime involving moral turpitude (theft, burglary, fraud, etc.).

Last thing TCU needs is Hannibal Lecter Serving hotdogs to the 8 yo children of our alumni.

NewFrogFan

Volunteers Needed at TCU Home Sports Games

Hello All!

We are in need of volunteers and leads to manage our concession stand at the TCU Horned Frogs Home Games

Requirements:
A pleasant attitude
Black Pants and Black Tennis Shoes/Sneakers (non-slip resistant) (no jeans, leggings, sweatpants)
A VALID issued GOVERNMENT ID

Please support us by providing our link to your family, friends, community, employer, etc.

Register to help at Volunteer Match.
2 years until this is on American Greed.

Pharm Frog

Sounds a little fishy to me (I’m a cynic by nature), so I did a little internet sleuthing. This organization asking for help running their concession booths, “CL Equals Caring and Loving,” is indeed a registered 501c3 tax exempt organization per the IRS. It was registered in 2019 to a Cassandra McAllister of Lithonia, GA. They run the same request through “VolunteerMatch” asking for volunteers to run their concession stands at myraid college and professional sports arenas. I can find no website, social media presence or mission statement for the charity. I did find a few news articles, including the one below, about a fraudster by the name of Cassandra McAllister in Georgia. No idea whether it is the same person, but not much else comes up when you search for the name.

Presumably, they are asking for volunteers to work the booths for free with the charity proceeds going to this nebulous entity in Georgia. Not telling anyone what to do, but trying to help anyone interested in making an informed decision.

Won't get much information from Charity Navigator either. I suppose it could be a fantastic charity with lowest of overhead and the highest percentage of contributions going to the targeted need but would think it would be significantly more transparent if so.

Won't get much information from Charity Navigator either. I suppose it could be a fantastic charity with lowest of overhead and the highest percentage of contributions going to the targeted need but would think it would be significantly more transparent if so.

Something indeed is fishy. No data on IRS. Have not found a 990 ever filed. Registered place of "business" is a residential address in GA by a convicted defrauder.

Same Cassandra. This is a sham. @atofrog

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Sounds like a TCU vetting issue.

Double V

I remember studying how our founding fathers included the requirement to have a government issued photo id to vote. They were truly men ahead of their time.
So the only rules/laws we're going to abide by are those enumerated by the founding fathers? Hmmm...I'm good with that.

Double V

Background check. Bare minimum is to look for registered sex offenders and criminal convictions for a felony or crime involving moral turpitude (theft, burglary, fraud, etc.).

Last thing TCU needs is Hannibal Lecter Serving hotdogs to the 8 yo children of our alumni.
Hannibal would never stoop so low as to serve hotdogs.

Eight

4449ff4c-313e-4de2-81da-605008733339_text.gif