• The KillerFrogs

Volleyball moving to the Schollmaier

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I'm sure Top will have all the details tomorrow morning, but this just arrived in my inbox for the AD:

"The TCU volleyball program begins a new era as Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Jeremiah Donati has approved for the team to play its matches in the Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena, beginning in the fall of 2020. The program will hold its competitions in Schollmaier Arena after spending the past 24 seasons in the University Rec Center."

Wog68

Hate the idea. There will be too many lines on the court for basketball unless they can be removed. Will look like a D3 school.

steelfrog

Tier 1
This is a great idear. Now Steel and others similarly inclined can sit on the ends--ie.., looking at the long end of the field--so we can look at the gal's posteriors without wearing the sunglasses.

lowfrog

Believe that TCU has looked at doing this several times before, but now the fake pandemic has finally triggered this move. Instead of 1000 to 2500 TCU volleyball fans crammed into the Rickel court bleacher seating each game, they can spread out six feet apart in individual more comfortable seats with access to better bathrooms and concessions. If they add alcohol sales to the mix, well, let the good times roll. Is it possible to turn TCU volleyball into a revenue sport?

Paul in uhh

Is this a good thing? Always heard how great the volleyball match environment was.
A friend of my family was a D1 VB player and got offers from about 20 different programs before going to aggy. She loved tcu and would’ve attended if they played at the Bball arena. She thought the rec gym communicated a lack of support for the team.