• The KillerFrogs

Vito "Babe" Parrilli dead at 87-- '52 Cotton Bowl vs. Frogs

Leap Frog

Babe was qb for Kentucky, coached by Bear Bryant, and beat TCU in the above game.

He and the 'Cats also beat Oklahoma a year earlier in the Sugar Bowl.

Parrilli was all-American and later played for the Boston Patriots (now New England) in the old AFL.

Some of the mature adults (like me) might remember him-- I know I sure do.

FrogAbroad

Babe was qb for Kentucky, coached by Bear Bryant, and beat TCU in the above game.

Parrilli was all-American and later played for the Boston Patriots (now New England) in the old AFL.

I was six years old and my parents took me to the game...I remember crying because my Horned Frogs lost. He was one of the best. R.I.P., "Babe."

PTFrog

I was six years old and my parents took me to the game...I remember crying because my Horned Frogs lost. He was one of the best. R.I.P., "Babe."
As a kid, I learned of Babe Parrilli when I saw his signature on my first football.

Leap Frog

I was there and Frogs had a 2 to 1 advantage in yardage, but just couldn't get the ball in the end zone. Our fine qb, Ray McKown, had an off day, and the crowd wanted to see Gil Bartosh one last time. The "Granger Ghost" obliged, but was still hobbling,and the game ended with a 7-20 loss. Frogs had the leading rusher of the game-- fullback Bobby Jack Floyd, plus 3 first team A-A's ( McKown, Keith Flowers and Doug Conaway.