• The KillerFrogs

Very Interesting take on QBs hitting the portal after the season ends

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Big 12 2: “Why would you keep a kid on your roster you know can’t play when you can go get somebody you know can? If teams aren’t aggressively flipping their roster over, I’d say you’re behind.”

So does that mean there will be more kids having their scholarships pulled? How common is that now? Hopefully that just means explaining to the kid that he needs to look for another school, and transfer.

y2kFrog

A. I think TCU will target QBs in the transfer portal this year. Whether they get a starter or not, I have no idea.
B. I also think Chandler has a chance to be very good for us. Same with Sam Jackson.
C. I think Quinn Ewers will end up being a good college QB. Playing QB is extremely hard and it’s very rare a freshman comes in and does consistently well.
D. I highly doubt Ewers ends up at TCU.
I could see Hudson Card as an interesting prospect that is probably transferring.

McFroggin

So does that mean there will be more kids having their scholarships pulled? How common is that now? Hopefully that just means explaining to the kid that he needs to look for another school, and transfer.

Yes and it will be increasingly common. Students wanted NIL and more freedom in transferring. This was an expected negative consequence.

puckster59

A. I think TCU will target QBs in the transfer portal this year. Whether they get a starter or not, I have no idea.
B. I also think Chandler has a chance to be very good for us. Same with Sam Jackson.
C. I think Quinn Ewers will end up being a good college QB. Playing QB is extremely hard and it’s very rare a freshman comes in and does consistently well.
They’ll definitely need a third guy next year.

Eight

Yes and it will be increasingly common. Students wanted NIL and more freedom in transferring. This was an expected negative consequence.

multiple schools have churned their rosters before nil and the expanded transfer rules

would not be surprised to see a few upper class men "transfer " out after the season

which would be what?

some of those kids are being churned off their rosters but a number are kids looking to start

More on the education side. These kids leave at the promise of being accepted at another institution but for one reason or another never set foot on campus or any campus. I'd be interested to see how many of these 30% ever matriculate anywhere again.

NewFrogFan

WHY would Quinn Ewers transfer to TCU? Does anyone think he will hit the portal that soon after arriving at UT? He would have to sit a year.
It may not be TCU but if Manning even sniff’s the #1 spot, he is gone. Personally after watching Klubnik school him 2 years ago, watching the other freshman beat him out at OSU, seeing more than a few very average performances in college, I say his “Luggenbill” horn was much louder than many others. Who would take Ewers over say, Drake May at UNC?

Seems like a good chance that Hudson Card at Texas will be transferring and I would think TCU may be interested. But I suspect Card would want a school where he feels 80 percent assured that he will be the starter, and with Morris and Jackson in Fort Worth, that may not work for Card.

Last edited:

McFroggin

I don’t think we take a transfer QB unless it’s someone that had a legit chance of starting. Otherwise we have QB’s that are farther advanced learning our system. It would be better to take a hs QB.

Diehard

Agree Morris seems a little injury prone, but a year in this strength and conditioning system could certainly make a difference.

Brog

And I don't really want Ewers here unless he agrees to cut his hair.