• The KillerFrogs

Very Interesting take on QBs hitting the portal after the season ends

Armadillo

Jeez, that would be 4 schools in 4 years (including HS). Should never have opted out of his SR year.

Also, as a Westlake alum, Klubnik was so much better than Quinn. What a loser qe is.

froginmn

WHY would Quinn Ewers transfer to TCU? Does anyone think he will hit the portal that soon after arriving at UT? He would have to sit a year.
With Arch Manning coming in, Ewers will sit.

I can't see wanting to spend a significant amount of NIL money on a guy like that.

McFroggin

With Arch Manning coming in, Ewers will sit.

I can't see wanting to spend a significant amount of NIL money on a guy like that.

Exact opposite. The Mannings have made it clear to UT that Arch gets a development year. They will be evaluating UT as much as UT evaluates Arch.

1. The NIL $ needs to continue to flow or Arch never plays a down at UT.

2. There needs to be established talent at WR when he is expected to start. If they don’t see the talent there to ensure Arch can look really good, he transfers.

While the Mannings expect him to light it up, they’ll do whatever they can to ensure Arch looks the part. By the time he is eligible for the NFL draft, Arch will be set for life with NIL money.

Mannings don’t want a Ewers situation where Arch hasn’t developed enough yet and is thrown to the wolves.

froginmn

Exact opposite. The Mannings have made it clear to UT that Arch gets a development year. They will be evaluating UT as much as UT evaluates Arch.

2. There needs to be established talent at WR when he is expected to start. If they don’t see the talent there to ensure Arch can look really good, he transfers.

While the Mannings expect him to light it up, they’ll do whatever they can to ensure Arch looks the part. By the time he is eligible for the NFL draft, Arch will be set for life with NIL money.

Mannings don’t want a Ewers situation where Arch hasn’t developed enough yet and is thrown to the wolves.
I meant, I can't see TCU (or another school) dumping additional NIL money into Ewers.

Ewers may have one more year but he'll definitely sit after that. That's why he'd want to transfer again.

That is a very UT situation. Get a generational talent but it still includes all kinds of strings.

fanatical frog

He lost me at Quinn Ewers

Excellent insight. Thanks. Looks like there's gonna be some drama down in ole Austin town.

Ron Swanson

A. I think TCU will target QBs in the transfer portal this year. Whether they get a starter or not, I have no idea.
B. I also think Chandler has a chance to be very good for us. Same with Sam Jackson.
C. I think Quinn Ewers will end up being a good college QB. Playing QB is extremely hard and it’s very rare a freshman comes in and does consistently well.
D. I highly doubt Ewers ends up at TCU.

fanatical frog

A. I think TCU will target QBs in the transfer portal this year. Whether they get a starter or not, I have no idea.
B. I also think Chandler has a chance to be very good for us. Same with Sam Jackson.
C. I think Quinn Ewers will end up being a good college QB. Playing QB is extremely hard and it’s very rare a freshman comes in and does consistently well.
D. I highly doubt Ewers ends up at TCU.

A. I think so too. Probably not looking to replace Chandler so much as for insurance.
B. C. and D. Agree on all counts.