• The KillerFrogs

Very concerned Patterson knows how to stop Max Duggan

screetch

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

Toad Jones

Too late now. GP has been in his UT office late the last three weeks. He knows our tendencies, weak spots with players etc. However, Sonny knows Gary well and his tendencies too. Maybe call it a Mexican standoff. The team that has the most running yards will ultimately be the winner. Tx has shown to start fast, and we know what TCU does. Anyway, a close game for a period or two.

Froginbedford

Too late now. GP has been in his UT office late the last three weeks. He knows our tendencies, weak spots with players etc. However, Sonny knows Gary well and his tendencies too. Maybe call it a Mexican standoff. The team that has the most running yards will ultimately be the winner. Tx has shown to start fast, and we know what TCU does. Anyway, a close game for a period or two.

More acceptable..."an Hispanic standoff".....

Palliative Care

Max is not the same player now as he was when Gary was here. Texas have all his film so Gary really does not have that much to add.
Max is the key to everything we do on offense but I bet that Sonny will have a few "wrinkles" that he has been saving for this game.
Also the thing about Max this year is that he is looking to get the ball into the hands of his explosive receivers and backs rather than carry the load himself. Gary's offense was not nearly as diverse as Sonny's. Max also has matured a great deal. He is now so much more confident in himself, his team and the staff.
Gary don't know this Max!

Purp

I'm not so sure this is true. I think they will run more effectively than us, but I'm not sure they can stop our vertical passing game. I won't be shocked with a 15 minute disparity in TOP and a very close game at the end that could go either way.

Eight

Max is not the same player now as he was when Gary was here. Texas have all his film so Gary really does not have that much to add.
Max is the key to everything we do on offense but I bet that Sonny will have a few "wrinkles" that he has been saving for this game.
Also the thing about Max this year is that he is looking to get the ball into the hands of his explosive receivers and backs rather than carry the load himself. Gary's offense was not nearly as diverse as Sonny's. Max also has matured a great deal. He is now so much more confident in himself, his team and the staff.

the key is actually the five guys in front of max, especially those three along the interior offensive line

gary and pete k's defensive mindset is built on making an offensive one dimensional and then attacking the other facets of the offense with pressure and aggressive, physical secondary play

if tcu's offensive line can create running room and protect max that swings this duel in favor of the frogs, if texas, especially those two big d-tackles can stop the run game and create pressure from inside that allows texas to utilize a guy like overshown how they wish instead of committing them to stop the run

max playing well is important, but it starts with coleman, avila, ali, lanz, and coker

Toad Jones

spot on target. Did you know Max completion rate is higher on long throws than short to intermediate passes. I find that very interesting, and so has Patterson on defense. Kinda lets you know where to place your defense on location and down, doesn't it? Patterson's strong point is detailed observation. He'll spend hours and hours with film, noticing every detail. They may call him an analysis, but carries a bit more power than just an analysis. Look at Ut's defensive numbers, how they have improved steadily since GP has become an analysis. It's the same def co- as last year, so some improvement, but "this" defense has become a lot more sophisticated. When it comes to breaking down an offense, none better anywhere than Gary. I regret the position with Gary, but it had to be done. I understand Nebraska is interested in Gary, but question his flexibility as HC. Not only that, but I give Matt a strong nod on Neb, but they are in no hurry to select at this point. You know what there is to do in Nebraska? Watch corn grow and go to Neb football games. There some mighty good people in Neb, salt of the earth.

A def analysis doesn't stump up and down the side line with a clip board.

Last edited: