• The KillerFrogs

Utah threatening to join Big 12???

Paul in uhh

If Big XII expands they will go after bigger fish first....USC, the Zona schools, Nebraska.

I'm down with just the two Zona schools and call it good. Put them in a "Southwest" division with the Texas schools and we good. Scottsdale trips every other Fall for TCU fans ain't a bad thing.

the current b12 plus Nebraska, Utah and the AZ schools would be fun. Very good at football, basketball and baseball.

I too favor the 10 team round robin, but if we have to add, then selfishly I want teams that haven't historically recruited Texas talent like Arkansas and Nebraska (perhaps Colorado too), who then lost most of their influence by quitting playing games here, and then sucked big time..

Recruiting with the P5 brand as a Texas team is a finite resource despite the huge number of recruits in the state. Disturbing that balance and feeding more mouths could spell big trouble for us should something happen to Patterson's tenure here. As it stands now, it could be much worse for Baylor and especially Tech.

Like playing not to lose. How very HRC, Sleepy Joe and Atlanta Falcons of us.

Dogfrog

Ugh, forgot about Kansas football. In my defense, that's easy to do.

As for the rest of your comments regarding attendance, I disagree. I've been to basically every home game in the past decade, have sat in seats all over the stadium from time to time. I'm shocked at how many empty seats are around me, even for games that are supposedly well attended. Most games, and I'm not exaggerating at all, ACTUAL capacity is less than 60%, I'd bet about anything on it based on what I see around me at games. It's like that to a degree everywhere all over the country except for a handful of schools, but I think it's worse at TCU.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying we aren't at all an attractive school to a conference. I'm just saying how we perceive ourselves might be a little jaded relative to how others schools are perceived.

I get it that our football stadium has empty seats but somebody paid for those seats and it’s all about money. The most recent articles I can find on Big 12 revenue puts TCU third, and on profitability tied for third.

Last edited: