• The KillerFrogs

UT got pretty damn lucky this year

MinFrog

I am all for UT having unrealistic expectations going into next year, but look at their margin of victory this year:

Tulsa - 7
USC - 23
TCU - 15
KSU - 5
OU - 3
Baylor - 6
Tech - 7
Iowa state - 14
Kansas - 7

So 6 games were less than one score. Remember when we wer 4-8 and most of those were less than one score and then we reverted to the mean the next season? Expect that next year from UT.

I hope they get mud holes by OU, then lose 6 games next year.

JugbandFrog

I am all for UT having unrealistic expectations going into next year, but look at their margin of victory this year:

Tulsa - 7
USC - 23
TCU - 15
KSU - 5
OU - 3
Baylor - 6
Tech - 7
Iowa state - 14
Kansas - 7

So 6 games were less than one score. Remember when we wer 4-8 and most of those were less than one score and then we reverted to the mean the next season? Expect that next year from UT.

I hope they get mud holes by OU, then lose 6 games next year.
A win is a win, but they also got a Tech team without their qb. They faced teams without some of their weapons or breaking in new ones.

At the end of it, they won. Can’t hate ‘em for that.

Eight

one game they got a huge break which wasn't shown by your scores is the usc game.

just before half when usc up the trojans tackled sam in the end zone for what should have been a safety. instead of the 2-pts, the ball after the free kick and a chance to add more points before half texas escapes.

young usc quarterback throws two interceptions early in the 3rd quarter and what could have been one way looks like a laugher the other.

i also don't think you shouldn't confuse one team getting lucky with another failing to execute. consider that tcu has a wide open receiver early in the 3rd quarter with a chance to go up two scores and robinson makes one of his worst throws of the season.

is that luck or a failure to execute?

LVH

If they finish 9-4 that's about what they are. Alamo Bowl vs. Washington State is the likely landing spot for them.

MinFrog

I tend to think one score games involve luck at some point.

If we win/lose by one score, I consider those to be pretty even teams.

So I stand by ‘lucky’.

LVH

I still believe Robinson hits Reagor in the third quarter and that game is over.

Yep. After Turpin caught that deep pass where he got hit hard and still hung on I started to talk [ Finebaum ] to the UT fans at the book I was at(Red Rock). We were moving the ball well, had all the momentum, about to put the game away. Then the interception happened in the middle of me running my mouth. Haven't gone back to Red Rock on a Saturday since.

froginmn

Pure adrenaline. Probably could hardly walk the next day when the soreness and damage to his body had time to set in. But you are right, dude just pops up and walks in like no big deal.
Dude, he got hit by a scheissing bus! And thrown into a wall. We talk about what happens if somebody at work gets hit by a bus.

He did get hit by a bus, and walked in to get himself a pint.

Horny4TCU

i also don't think you shouldn't confuse one team getting lucky with another failing to execute. consider that tcu has a wide open receiver early in the 3rd quarter with a chance to go up two scores and robinson makes one of his worst throws of the season.

is that luck or a failure to execute?

I still believe Robinson hits Reagor in the third quarter and that game is over.

Yep. After Turpin caught that deep pass where he got hit hard and still hung on I started to talk [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] to the UT fans at the book I was at(Red Rock). We were moving the ball well, had all the momentum, about to put the game away. Then the interception happened in the middle of me running my mouth. Haven't gone back to Red Rock on a Saturday since.

And that's when Collins should have entered the game.

Mean Purple

You're talking about OU, right?
They both have gotten the aggy over lsu ref treatment in pretty much every game this year. I was 4 feet from a coach watching bedlam on tv. his comments about the holding by OU can not be published here as I don't even know what some of those words mean!

cdsfrog

This seems like a weird pointless thread.

UT lost 3 under a 7 point margin. They won 3 games with a margin under 7. I mean come on.