1. The KillerFrogs

UT band is out

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by froginmn, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Post 2: Got no problem with this. Pull scholarships for those not wishing to participate and move on.

2. CDC must be losing his mind.

3. Was the song written or sung in North America after 1619 by people who identify as white? A=yes. Therefore racist. You are wrong. It’s also musical colonialism and offensive to the disabled.

EDIT: I’ve decided to put everything in this post so we stand a better chance of being relegated in 10 posts or less.

4. I always thought so too. Actually, the lyrics aren't racist but the history is questionable.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/ut-austin-eyes-of-texas-song-racist/

5. Totally agree. You don't want to play the song? That's fine, you are no longer part of this band. I'm certain they can eventually find replacements who are happy to do so.

6. As a resident of austin, I love seeing the gas lighting going on at ut. And that includes the utter failure of tom herman, the pain and regret of del conte (who is now garnering almost as much criticism as herman), the split in the locker room, and the non controversy of their dumb school song.

Couldn't happen to a better bunch of elitists.

7. Whiney [hundinnen ].

But, again, there's no dumpster fire like an Austin dumpster fire!

Frogs01 and Showtime Joe 2.0 like this.
  8. Pathetic.

BrewingFrog likes this.
  9. So it was written by a white male?

RACIST!!

DAMN WHITE DEVILS.

10. Eight likes this.
  11. Liberal is too generous of a word given how illberal the left has become.

Showtime Joe 2.0 likes this.
  12. If it's as loud as the commercials, then the UT Band is unnecessary.

13. Still here after twice the OP's prediction.

froginmn likes this.