• The KillerFrogs

UT and Tech in Top 25?

Tech got blown out by a terrible Ole Miss team and struggled to beat UH at home. UT had a bad loss to a terrible Maryland team and struggled to beat Tulsa at home.

Meanwhile TCU was dominating aOSU until we decided to give the ball away multiple times.

Also I believe Oregon moved up with a loss?

Planks

Yeah I think UT will be ranked at the end of the season. They are 3-1 now, and they probably only need to be 8-4 to be ranked at season end. So if they can go 5-3 over the remainder of their games they will finish ranked. That seems doable.

King of Fun

Color me concerned about Tech. They held OSU scoreless in the second half. I watched that entire game, that actually have serviceable D now. Their QB doesn't make mistakes either. Will be a touch match up even at home.

netty2424

Color me concerned about Tech. They held OSU scoreless in the second half. I watched that entire game, that actually have serviceable D now. Their QB doesn't make mistakes either. Will be a touch match up even at home.
I get what you're saying, but we should be concerned every week at this point. And that's not sky is falling, but with our turnover margin, moving forward every game should be considered the biggest game of the year imo.

BigPurple87

Tech got blown out by a terrible Ole Miss team and struggled to beat UH at home. UT had a bad loss to a terrible Maryland team and struggled to beat Tulsa at home.

Meanwhile TCU was dominating aOSU until we decided to give the ball away multiple times.

Also I believe Oregon moved up with a loss?

Never close to dominating osu

King of Fun

I get what you're saying, but we should be concerned every week at this point. And that's not sky is falling, but with our turnover margin, moving forward every game should be considered the biggest game of the year imo.
Of course not. But I feel like we're kind of in a bad way. Tech seems to be righting the ship. It's popular to hate on them around here but I think they're finally putting together a really solid team. My brother and best friend of 30+ years went to Tech so I probably know their football team better than I should and probably why I'm more focused on them. WVU will show if their win over OSU was fluke or not, but damn they looked good.

But I digress, one week at a time.

netty2424

Of course not. But I feel like we're kind of in a bad way. Tech seems to be righting the ship. It's popular to hate on them around here but I think they're finally putting together a really solid team. My brother and best friend of 30+ years went to Tech so I probably know their football team better than I should and probably why I'm more focused on them. WVU will show if their win over OSU was fluke or not, but damn they looked good.

I'm honestly not sure if they are or aren't yet, I guess time will tell as the season progresses, so I'll defer to you on that.

Not trying to start a recruiting debate, but they aren't exactly killing it. 44, 49, & 79(per 247) last 3 years. Recruiting isn't be all, end all, but it helps.

Seems like general consensus of my Tech alum friends are they're waiting for KK to get the boot.

Why do you feel like they're trending up?

King of Fun

I'm honestly not sure if they are or aren't yet, I guess time will tell as the season progresses, so I'll defer to you on that.

Not trying to start a recruiting debate, but they aren't exactly killing it. 44, 49, & 79(per 247) last 3 years. Recruiting isn't be all, end all, but it helps.

Seems like general consensus of my Tech alum friends are they're waiting for KK to get the boot.

Why do you feel like they're trending up?
I think the OSU win on the road was a big statement, maybe saved his job. My brother and friend are pretty much done with him too but feel a lot better after last week. It's not like that was a last minute win by 3 or 7. They dominated that game from about half way through the first quarter on. A maybe Kliff has finally figured it out type thing. He called a damn near perfect game.

Yeah it's Lamar, but they shut them out, then shut OSU out in the second half. I don't care who you are playing, a shut out is pretty impressive.

The D wasn't great against Houston, but they beat the hell out of them and that's a pretty decent team.

I chalk that Ole Miss game up to first week jitters. Just a mess all around. Bowman has proved to be the guy at QB, but losing your then starter in the first quarter is hard to take mentally the first game of the year. Everyone is saying Robinson is struggling because he's young, but Bowman is a true freshman and lighting it up pretty good.

So, say what you want about any of those opponents, but it's been pretty impressive progress from these eyes.

Kevin Johns, while not calling plays has been hired as their OC. His influence has been great, especially on the run game. Much more balanced.

Not saying they're going to win the Big 12, hell, not even saying they'll beat us, or WVU this weekend. I just think they might be a different team this year and could bite us in the ass if we're not ready. Patterson has loss to lesser Tech teams.

TechAdvisor

I believe Texas and Texas Tech both deserve to be ranked.

Maybe, maybe not. I think anything from 25 to 35 is fair for Texas Tech.

I chalk that Ole Miss game up to first week jitters. Just a mess all around. Bowman has proved to be the guy at QB, but losing your then starter in the first quarter is hard to take mentally the first game of the year. Everyone is saying Robinson is struggling because he's young, but Bowman is a true freshman and lighting it up pretty good.

I largely chalk the Ole Miss game up to injuries, terrible penalties and horrible breaks. The starting QB, McLane Carter went down with a high ankle sprain 14 plays into the game. The entire starting secondary was out either due to injury or targeting ejections. All of Ole Miss' points came against backup defenders.
Kevin Johns, while not calling plays has been hired as their OC. His influence has been great, especially on the run game. Much more balanced.

Not saying they're going to win the Big 12, hell, not even saying they'll beat us, or WVU this weekend. I just think they might be a different team this year and could bite us in the ass if we're not ready. Patterson has loss to lesser Tech teams.

This. Kevin Johns was quietly the biggest addition to a Big 12 team this season. His influence has made a huge difference and Tech is becoming close to a balanced offensive team because of Johns. That's with 1st string RB Ward and 2nd string RB King out the last 3 games.

The most impressive part, 80% of all Tech's TD's this season were either thrown by or rushed by a true freshman.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Are you saying Texas (Tech) is back?