• The KillerFrogs

USC fires Helton

Eight

The oddest name I have heard mentioned is Bob Stoops. Could he make a successful return at USC?

not sure why he would choose to return to cfb because he knows what it is like to be in a program that comes will big and often times unrealistic expectations.

why go back to that? if he did however and i am someone at usc who has influence on the decision it is spelled out that his brother mike cant be on the defensive staff

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2021/09/14/mike-gundy-getting-odds-to-be-next-usc-coach/
Luke Fickell and PJ Fleck lead this list. If Fickell, bad news for a new Big 12 member; winning can be fleeting. I hope Fickell stays.

https://www.fox19.com/2021/09/14/be...-usc-speculation-grass-is-not-always-greener/
Fickell speaks as if he likes the stability he has built at Cincinnati, but, “There is a familiar face to Fickell currently running USC’s Athletic Department. USC Athletic Director Mike Bohn served as UC’s AD from 2014-2019. In fact, Bohn is the man who hired Fickell the Bearcats’ head coach in 2017.”

He and his wife are from Ohio, have six kids and are strong Catholics. Roots. It appears Cincinnati has many Catholics.

"Luke Fickell isn't fickle about anything, and certainly not family, faith or his football team". wcpo.com. Retrieved August 26, 2020. 2. Was your Catholic faith a factor in choosing where you wanted to be a head coach? LF: “I’m not sure it was one of those things where you say, ‘I’ve got to go to a place that has a high Catholic influence or community,' but my family, like I said, is the number one most important thing to me. And for my family to go to a place where they felt like they could thrive and truly set roots and say, 'We can live here for 10, 12, 15 years' or whatever … to be in a community like this where there are a lot of options for schools, youth sports. There were a lot of factors, and obviously faith was a big part of that thought.””

Six kids is too many in my book (unless some were adopted), as if not aware of context of too many people on small earth, or self-centered greed. Modernize your thought. It is not just Mormons, Catholics have that propensity too, and there are many more Catholics. Overpopulation—we no longer have frontier lands for people to move onto. We are now devolving with more. In this country, the grandeur and solitude of the American west is our greatest asset and it is not what it was when I was a kid, heck, the solitude is gone.

Last edited: