• The KillerFrogs

USC and UCLA to the Big 10?

Virginia Frog

Guys TCU is what TCU is. No we are not Ohio State and we damn sure are not Rutger's Hot Dogs. But we are far from that school that was left out at the end of the SWC. We have established brand that is recognized and believe it or not respected. Can we compete.... hell yes! We can and will attract more fans by winning again. This new era will do just that for us. Disregard the naysayers as we proved them wrong years ago. We have everything in place to be what we desire to be and now so does the Big 12.
I'm from Virginia, I returned here after TCU in the late '70s. There isn't a natural TCU constituency in these parts.

In these parts one has to be careful to articulate, when asked, that it's "Tee Cee" U since a large in-state school is branded for athletics as "Vee Cee" U. Down the road in NC is another quite popular with Va. high schoolers (with a party school rep) "Eee Cee" U. All that to say there is room here for the listener to mis-understand or mis-identify.

I don't advertise TCU - no logo wear etc - but in many, many occasions over the years when the topic comes up about college and I say "TCU" - DC metro locals and we have a lot of folks who've come here from around the country as adults - have in 99 percent of the cases reacted quite favorably towards me. Many eyes have widened in the exchange, like "wow." People here (college educated types) aren't as clueless about TCU as even I would expect. So I that's my testimony of TCU's positive reputation - and it hasn't been only been since the football got very good post-Fran, but the twenty years prior too.

Palliative Care

Probably but those schools would have to ask themselves whose future looks the brightest? For example a while back it was reported that the PAC was thinking about inviting us to join. If we had done that gheesh where would we be now?

agentfrog11

which of those schools don't have similarly sized fan bases?

you are telling me that penn state vs michigan doesn't draw many viewers? what about uga -florida or auburn vs lsu?

the tcu-ohio state game is the epitome of an outlier no different than than tcu-baylor game last year when there was a weak long debate of had gary been treated properly in the dfw media

tcu can squeeze some damn revenue out of its ticket holders with the suites and donation requirements, but that doesn't put one penny in the pocket of the networks and if it isn't apparent that is what matters in all of this i don't know what to tell you.

Big Ten math led to USC and UCLA defection​

The Big Ten will expand to 16 teams when the addition of USC and UCLA becomes official in 2024. The conference’s $1 billion-a year television deal will presumably be shared equally among the members.

Thompson said the Big Ten’s decision to add two Los Angeles-based universities was rooted in a simple math equation. The 14 existing conference members know they’ll receive approximately $71.4 million per university under the new Fox deal. Adding two more partners only made sense if they could generate a minimum of $143 million in additional distributable revenue.

“To get there you could assume that the bulk of the 5.2 million pay TV homes in LA, San Diego, Palm Springs and Santa Barbara become inner-market Big Ten Network subscribers,” he said. “That will add significant affiliate revenue for the network.”

Adding Southern California to the portfolio increases the Big Ten’s core TV households by 25 percent. The result is additional advertising revenue for the Big Ten Network, Fox Broadcast Network and FS1 as well.

Said Thompson: “That should all be enough to convince Fox that the additional rights fees are worthwhile.”

Oregon and Washington leave questions for Big Ten​

After that, Oregon and Washington may be of interest to the Big Ten. However, Thompson estimated that those two Pac-12 universities, along with the Oregon and Washington television markets, would only generate an additional $60 million in combined additional revenues.

It’s good money, but well shy of the $143 million breakeven for the Big Ten.

It doesn’t kill the possibility of Oregon and Washington following USC and UCLA into the conference. It just means that the Big Ten members have two options if they’re going to do it: A) Be OK with about $6 million less annually to have UO and UW in the house; or B) Welcome Oregon and Washington, but inform the newcomers that they won’t get full distributions for a while.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Have not returned to that stadium in a few decades... but pretty sure the field still runs east and west ... lol !
Saw the Dodgers and White Sox play a World Series game there in there in 59 when I was 7. Best remembered for seeing a bum fire a snot rocket on skid row and the big net in left field…

TCU_91

Guys TCU is what TCU is. No we are not Ohio State and we damn sure are not Rutger's Hot Dogs. But we are far from that school that was left out at the end of the SWC. We have established brand that is recognized and believe it or not respected. Can we compete.... hell yes! We can and will attract more fans by winning again. This new era will do just that for us. Disregard the naysayers

as we proved them wrong years ago. We have everything in place to be what we desire to be and now so does the Big 12.
More importantly, we have a administration and Large donors who have no desire to be left behind again.

We are small but we punch well above our weight, and we have many tangibles that create an incredible quality.

Atomic Frawg

I'm guessing TCU must really be trying hard.

Found these numbers posted on the Big 12 board:

Notice #24 in revenue.

Latest School Revenues 07/01/2020 - 06/30/2021

Info From Equity in Athletics

Reporting Year: 07/01/2020 - 06/30/2021

Total Revenues by School

001.) University of Georgia - $169,064,656
002.) The University of Alabama - $157,062,672
003.) University of Oklahoma-Norman - $153,657,898
004.) The University of Texas at Austin - $150,273,687
005.) Ohio State University - $141,201,562
006.) Texas A & M University-College Station - $136,858,666
007.) University of South Carolina-Columbia - $135,157,387
008.) University of Arkansas - $132,813,474
009.) The Pennsylvania State University - $131,512,404
010.) University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - $131,457,995

011.) The University of Tennessee-Knoxville - $129,094,424
012.) University of Notre Dame - $128,685,354
013.) Auburn University - $128,356,495
014.) Stanford University - $127,653,964
015.) University of Florida - $124,429,950
016.) University of Southern California - $122,345,826
017.) University of Kentucky - $114,823,384
018.) Louisiana State University - $113,987,809
019.) University of Mississippi - $112,712,062
020.) University of California-Los Angeles - $110,128,961

021.) University of Louisville - $109,320,332
022.) Clemson University - $107,958,000
023.) Duke University - $107,115,232
024.) Texas Christian University - $104,654,966
025.) University of Virginia - $103,981,972
026.) Arizona State University - $102,558,046
027.) University of Pittsburgh - $101,987,725
028.) Vanderbilt University - $101,424,573
029.) University of Wisconsin-Madison - $101,110,054
030.) University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - $99,977,454

Thanks to the poster there for sharing it on their post.
Wouldn't have expected us to be third in the Big 12, but I'll take it.

The new SEC and Big 10 are going to have zero undefeated champs. Huge brands near .500 and many brands below .500 plus some brands with 0 wins. Not sure the ratings they think they will get will show up. The big brands are popular because they win a lot. They need the cupcakes like Kansas, Baylor, etc. to have winning records. I think this will backfire big time.

The meat grinder of a schedule the amount of injuries will go way up. My fear is they will kill us left outs by allowing teams to have 150 person rosters. Can only transfer inside the Favored Invitational league. They will take all the talent for themselves and depth they will need. This sucks!