• The KillerFrogs

USC and UCLA to the Big 10?

punter9

Aren’t we missing the boat here? All that’s changed is the price of entry. Use NIL. Pony up 30mil for nil and buy the best team in the country, hell we built a stadium debt free.

Chongo94

Wherever we end up, I hope the conference has an actual dedicated tv network. Every time I stop on the Big 10 Network, I come away impressed with the content and production values of most of its offerings.

HG73

uga and so carolina don't want clemson in the sec and their brand has too much value to be left out of the changes
They don't need Clem or FSU. SEC is already in those markets. The important part is Clem and FSU will regress as the money disparity keeps pounding away year after year. SEC doesn't need them and will starve them to death. SEC doesn't need UNC or UVA. Small markets and average teams. This is all about the money and dividing the pie between the fewest. They decapitated the two most valuable teams from the PAC just like the SEC did with the Big12. They may stop here, especially if ND declines again.

Eight

They don't need Clem or FSU. SEC is already in those markets. The important part is Clem and FSU will regress as the money disparity keeps pounding away year after year. SEC doesn't need them and will starve them to death. SEC doesn't need UNC or UVA. Small markets and average teams. This is all about the money and dividing the pie between the fewest. They decapitated the two most valuable teams from the PAC just like the SEC did with the Big12. They may stop here, especially if ND declines again.

the sec doesn't need them, but would the big 10 take them to have a presence in that market. go get unc and add clemson

gofor2

Rutgers vs. UCLA........conference game. 2,800 miles and 3 time zones away.

So incredibly stupid.

And I'm aware of the fact that they'll hardly ever play each other. Which makes it even more stupid.
This is one of the few times I agree with something you have posted.

gofor2

Hope it happens. Go get ASU, AZ, Oregon, Colorado.

Maybe they'll help save this doomed conference.
The only one worth it out of those 4 is Oregon and that's only because of their success on the field, not because of their market share, which is tiny. And market share is what is driving all of these moves

gofor2

This could be interesting....
Networks and greed are destroying the college game.
College football is built on rivalries and rivalries are almost always close in a geographical sense. There can be NO rivalry built or maintained when a team like USC has to travel 3000 miles to play Rutgers. It's beyond moronic that conferences include teams from polar opposite time zones.

Chongo94

The only one worth it out of those 4 is Oregon and that's only because of their success on the field, not because of their market share, which is tiny. And market share is what is driving all of these moves
But interestingly enough, apparently Oregon has/had the highest tv ratings of any PAC school.

Source: heard this on the PAC 12 radio channel.

Endless Purple

Too many people assume market share is only based on the size of the school / city they are in. It is hard for some to comprehend that there is name recognition value for some schools that extends nationally.