• The KillerFrogs

USC and UCLA to the Big 10?

ticketfrog123

Adding to travel thought and geography—maybe if the BIG adds two more PAC teams it would reach for Colorado and Utah. Now that they added two LA schools, maybe for mountain representation and travel that would make sense, Colorado and Utah being about halfway between Nebraska and LA.

Besides, Nebraska needs some help as a program, and this would renew rivalry and recruiting turf in Colorado. Or, maybe the BIG adds Colorado, along with either Big 12 Kansas or SEC Missouri, all helpful to Nebraska, and a bit closer to LA.
Are you on crack? Big ten is not adding Colorado and they’re lucky for a B12 invite at this point. Oregon / Uw could move needle for big ten but not anything else in that conference of interest outside of Stanford as bait for ND

ticketfrog123

I think our best hope is that the B1G takes one or two more PAC schools (maybe Stanford to reel in ND which is the last great white whale)

If that happens then the B12 is in the position of power to pick off the PAC stragglers of value

But if they don’t then the PAC will have its pick of our schools and we can only hope we’re on the other side.

Or maybe the big/brand western schools get together and agree to ditch the eastern schools and reform a brand new western 16 team P5 with these pods (assuming B1G takes no one else):

Oregon
Oregon State
Cal
Stanford

Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Utah

Texas Christian
Texas Tech
Baylor
Houston

Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
WVU just dies?

ZeeFrog

The Big10 has said it only wants AAU schools. PAC12 AAU schools, Cal, Washington, Colorado, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford. i’m guessing this is the pool. Texas is an AAU school, maybe they decided to try and bolt to Big10. OU is not an AAU school.

Big Frog II

The Big10 has said it only wants AAU schools. PAC12 AAU schools, Cal, Washington, Colorado, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford. i’m guessing this is the pool. Texas is an AAU school, maybe they decided to try and bolt to Big10. OU is not an AAU school.
ND is nor an AAU school.

Dogfrog

Guessing that AAU crap is down the tube$.

Edit: I’m slow.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I think our best hope is that the B1G takes one or two more PAC schools (maybe Stanford to reel in ND which is the last great white whale)

If that happens then the B12 is in the position of power to pick off the PAC stragglers of value

But if they don’t then the PAC will have its pick of our schools and we can only hope we’re on the other side.

Or maybe the big/brand western schools get together and agree to ditch the eastern schools and reform a brand new western 16 team P5 with these pods (assuming B1G takes no one else):

Oregon
Oregon State
Cal
Stanford

Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Utah

Texas Christian
Texas Tech
Baylor
Houston

Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
Are the Washington schools being sent to the Canadian League?

puckster59

Just saw this craziness... realignment is about to hit the fan. could be HUGE for the B12 to pick up the P12 scraps. Utah, Colorado and Arizonas?
The Pac, IMO, is going to have to become a poacher to survive. And it's going to look at the Big 12. The Big 12 better be looking back.

Long Time Lurker

PAC is dead. Big 12 is in a better place. Think about when OUT made their announcement, every big 12 school was looking to jump ship the second that news broke. That is the position the PAC is in right now. If we strike while the iron is hot we can put ourselves in a way better position for our upcoming TV negotiations. I would rather grab teams based on geography but it seems TV money is all that matters. I think that
makes Nike U the first choice.
Edited there to their

Last edited:

Endless Purple

I expect this was pretty well planned out.

1) The B1G accepted USC and UCLA tells everyone what is happening.
2) Next they are now saying to ND, make up your mind - now or never.
3) Once they know if ND is joining or not, then they know how many more from the PAC to take in.
4) Clean up by the Big 12/PAC/MWC or whoever is able.
5) Next phase will be SEC and B1G pick out the ACC teams when they deem proper (early or just wait till GoR ends)

tetonfrog

ACC perhaps?
I doubt this unless some of the ACC big boys like Clemson, the U, FSU or UNC leave for the SEC. What does WV bring to any conference? We are still smarting because the Big 12 chose Louisville over WV. When was the last time WV finished in the top 10 in football? They have 6, 6, 5, 8 and 7 wins the last 5 years. And they finished under .500 two of the last four years in hoops.

And, if the tops schools did leave, then the leftover ACC schools are thinking like WSU, Oregon St, Az, ASU, etc. How do we stay relevant? The big questions for every school going forward are 1) How do we get into the Big 10 or the SEC? 2) How do we stop the two-league super football conferences from eliminating the rest of us from the party?

I do know 1 thing: it would be huge for TCU to have a surprise season and finish with 10+ wins...........and beating OU and UT would be icing on the cake.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, one thing is true: With the death (Well, they are coughing up blood!) of the PAC, that leaves four Power Conferences. Makes auto-bids pretty danged easy...

Was listening to BIGXII radio just now (driving to Fannin, TX for some delicious McMillan's BBQ!) and they were touching on most of the points covered here. Strangely, they were pimping the idea that the BIGXII should be offering Oregon and Washington, which is crazy given their locations and Media Market size. They also pimped Utah, because they go so well with BYU and it would lock up that coveted SLC Media Market.

Hello?!? PHOENIX?!@ Strange they left that out...

Considering that BIGXII Radio is a wholly owned subsidiary of ESPN, it's like listening to Tokyo Rose in 1942 to figure out what's going on...

LVH

PAC is dead. Big 12 is in a better place. Think about when OUT made their announcement, every big 12 school was looking to jump ship the second that news broke. That is the position the PAC is in right now. If we strike while the iron is hot we can put ourselves in a way better position for our upcoming TV negotiations. I would rather grab teams based on geography but it seems TV money is all that matters. I think that
makes Nike U the first choice.
Edited there to their
There is a 0.00% chance Oregon is not in the Big 10 or SEC come 2024

tetonfrog

Well, one thing is true: With the death (Well, they are coughing up blood!) of the PAC, that leaves four Power Conferences. Makes auto-bids pretty danged easy...

Was listening to BIGXII radio just now (driving to Fannin, TX for some delicious McMillan's BBQ!) and they were touching on most of the points covered here. Strangely, they were pimping the idea that the BIGXII should be offering Oregon and Washington, which is crazy given their locations and Media Market size. They also pimped Utah, because they go so well with BYU and it would lock up that coveted SLC Media Market.

Hello?!? PHOENIX?!@ Strange they left that out...

Considering that BIGXII Radio is a wholly owned subsidiary of ESPN, it's like listening to Tokyo Rose in 1942 to figure out what's going on...
Liked for the Tokyo Rose comment