• The KillerFrogs

USAB: Jamie Dixon Ready to Lead U.S. Men in the U19 World Cup

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Jamie Dixon Ready to Lead U.S. Men in the U19 World Cup
480031c19403425dab23e9b6f480029e.jpg

Drew Silverman, Red Line Editorial

As Jamie Dixon opened the package, that special feeling overtook him, just like it first had a dozen years ago.

“It’s exciting,” said Dixon, who will coach the USA Basketball Men’s U19 World Cup Team at next month’s FIBA U19 World Cup. “It didn’t hit home until the other day when they sent us the USA Basketball gear and the other stuff we’d be wearing. When you’re getting that out of the box and getting it washed, you realize those are your shirts, and I think it really resonates that you’re representing your country.”

Dixon, currently the head coach at Texas Christian University, also guided the 2009 USA U19 squad — at that time, he was the head coach at the University of Pittsburgh — and now he’s back for another dose of competition and hopefully another gold medal.

Read more at https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2021/06/jamie-dixon-feature.aspx

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Probably a very, very good thing for him. Get out of the daily routine, go somewhere different, different kids, teach basic fundamentals again, and mold a team in a short time. Gives him a chance to hit the reset button.

While he's out, I hope they go through the BB offices and scour them thoroughly for cursed idols, voodoo dolls, chicken bones, etc. Clear it out.

Delray Frog

I think Mike Miles will obviously benefit from playing on this team against some of the world's best players. Great exposure for him and TCU. Not sure who makes the final team but the tryout roster has kids from Gonzaga, Ohio State, LSU, Baylor, Arkansas, UCLA, Purdue, and other great programs. Should be a positive thing for recruiting I would think.