• The KillerFrogs

USA TODAY: For a few seconds on Tuesday, it seemed the Big 12 had added the Arizona schools

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
USA TODAY: For a few seconds on Tuesday, it seemed the Big 12 had added the Arizona schools

Matt Zemek
Trojans Wire

Everyone in college sports is waiting to see what will happen in realignment. One of the big questions on everyone’s mind: Will the Big 12 raid the Pac-12 and cripple — maybe even kill — the West Coast’s main college sports conference?

If the Big 12 added the Arizona schools, it would likely also mean that Colorado would be headed to the Big 12. That’s three schools from the 10 current (long-term) Pac-12 members, reducing the committed membership of the Pac to only seven schools.

If that’s not a death blow, it sure is close to one.

Read more at https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/li...med-the-big-12-had-added-the-arizona-schools/

JogginFrog

Matt Zemek
Trojans Wire

Everyone in college sports is waiting to see what will happen in realignment. One of the big questions on everyone’s mind: Will the Big 12 raid the Pac-12 and cripple — maybe even kill — the West Coast’s main college sports conference?

If the Big 12 added the Arizona schools, it would likely also mean that Colorado would be headed to the Big 12. That’s three schools from the 10 current (long-term) Pac-12 members, reducing the committed membership of the Pac to only seven schools.

If that’s not a death blow, it sure is close to one.

Read more at https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/li...med-the-big-12-had-added-the-arizona-schools/
Some on this board are old enough to remember when Arizona and Arizona State regularly played conference games in Abilene and the Panhandle. C'mon back, guys! You'll feel right at home in that Lubbock desert!

Diehard

Well, I live in Arizona and for obvious reasons I would love to see it. As far as what they bring, it's a rabid football fan base, basketball recognition at Arizona and baseball at Arizona State. A LOT of people here feel they are a better fit for the big 12 rather than the Pac. Most I've spoken with would really like to see it. We shall see.

OICU812

Same feeling I'm going for in my man cave.
Went to a company party decades ago with the old man on a colleague’s ranch. Other than me just a bunch of olds. Light Crust Dough Boys providing the music, and literally stopped in the middle of Yellow Rose of Texas because one “sumbitch” failed to stand up for it.

Anyway, at one point the host took us out to see the “guest quarters,” which was a smaller house across the way from the main house which had historically housed the working girls hired to provide company as needed. Hot pink shag carpet on the walls and a full bar, plus “toys.” Man-cave indeed. That guy was so far ahead of his time.

FrogAbroad

Went to a company party decades ago with the old man on a colleague’s ranch. Other than me just a bunch of olds. Light Crust Dough Boys providing the music, and literally stopped in the middle of Yellow Rose of Texas because one “sumbitch” failed to stand up for it.

Anyway, at one point the host took us out to see the “guest quarters,” which was a smaller house across the way from the main house which had historically housed the working girls hired to provide company as needed. Hot pink shag carpet on the walls and a full bar, plus “toys.” Man-cave indeed. That guy was so far ahead of his time.
Liked for the LCDB reference...