• The KillerFrogs

Update- Jan 16

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Earlier this week I had my regularly scheduled MRI and had a follow up visit with the oncologist this morning

It’s a good news / bad news situation.

The bad news is the emergence of a new tumor. It’s very small but wasn’t there in my November MRI. Remnants of the original tumor show some growth activity but a negligible amount, for now

My Dr is trying to get me into a clinical trial at MD Anderson and i underwent a blood test and genetic screening to help facilitate that.

If there is a trial that i am a candidate for, and they take me, I’ll go down there for treatments. If not, then she’ll start me on a different chemoand I’ll do that.

It’s not the news that I was hoping to hear as everything had been positive up to this point but I do have options and that’s a good thing.

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers but may I ask a favor of you?

I’m trying hard to keep my attitude positive so please keep me laughing, because if I can laugh and smile, that’s one battle this cancer won’t win.

That’s all for now

I love you guys

Wes

PS...The sillier the better

Last edited:

Purp

Earlier this week I had my regularly scheduled MRI and had a follow up visit with the oncologist this morning

It’s a good news / bad news situation.

The bad news is the emergence of a new tumor. It’s very small but wasn’t there in my November MRI. Remnants of the original tumor show some growth activity but a negligible amount, for now

My Dr is trying to get me into a clinical trial at MD Anderson and i underwent a blood test and genetic screening to help facilitate that.

If there is a trial that i am a candidate for, and they take me, I’ll go down there for treatments. If not, then she’ll start me on a different chemoand I’ll do that.

It’s not the news that I was hoping to hear as everything had been positive up to this point but I do have options and that’s a good thing.

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers but may I ask a favor of you?

I’m trying hard to keep my attitude positive so please keep me laughing, because if I can laugh and smile, that’s one battle this cancer won’t win.

That’s all for now

I love you guys

Wes
See if Lincoln Riley will take you as a grad transfer to OU. He could turn you to gold.like he does everyone else who transfers there.

BABYFACE

Damn. Prayers and may God keep you strong.

As to your mention to keep you laughing:
giphy.gif

LisaLT

I’m trying to think of something funny but I’m stuck at the airport (on my way to Dallas) and it’s [ Finebaum ]ty weather here in LA and now I hear it might snow on Saturday in TX. I think the jokes on me.

I hope you are accepted into the clinical trial. MD Anderson is certainly the best cancer treatment and research center in the country. I’ll keep the positive thoughts going for u. And post something silly when I think of something but I don’t know if I can top Babyface lol. Xo

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I can vouch for MD Anderson. Cut some chunks out of me and have been cancer free since 97. I know yours is a tougher battle, so you are in our prayers. They always told me there that a positive outlook does wonders. Easy to say and hard to do, but you have lots of positive vibes from everyone here!

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I can vouch for MD Anderson. Cut some chunks out of me and have been cancer free since 97. I know yours is a tougher battle, so you are in our prayers. They always told me there that a positive outlook does wonders. Easy to say and hard to do, but you have lots of positive vibes from everyone here!
I know it and that keeps me going

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I’m trying to think of something funny but I’m stuck at the airport (on my way to Dallas) and it’s [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty weather here in LA and now I hear it might snow on Saturday in TX. I think the jokes on me.

I hope you are accepted into the clinical trial. MD Anderson is certainly the best cancer treatment and research center in the country. I’ll keep the positive thoughts going for u. And post something silly when I think of something but I don’t know if I can top Babyface lol. Xo
Thanks Lisa.. I should know in a week to 10 days

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I’m trying to think of something funny but I’m stuck at the airport (on my way to Dallas) and it’s [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty weather here in LA and now I hear it might snow on Saturday in TX. I think the jokes on me.

So NOW we know what happened to RollToad. You lucky dog, you.

Froggish

My prayers are with you Wes...It’s important to remember that part of the fight is the preservation of your own joy. I always get the impression your winning that war and that’s incredibly encouraging to me