• The KillerFrogs

Unmask the Cheerleaders and Showgirls!!!

East Coast

Tier 1
BRUTAL observation. As the dad of 3 dancers (former Showgirl, current Aggie Dance Team member, and a high level 8th grade competitive dancer and cheerleader) it’s beyond absurd and borderline cruel to make these amazing girls dance while wearing a mask. Pure theater and beyond embarrassing for our school.
I agree with this. The only way that observation makes sense is if these women actually want to wear those masks, which I highly doubt. Unless they are trying to hide their identities from crazies like Maniac?

Nice win by the way.

Mean Purple

BRUTAL observation. As the dad of 3 dancers (former Showgirl, current Aggie Dance Team member, and a high level 8th grade competitive dancer and cheerleader) it’s beyond absurd and borderline cruel to make these amazing girls dance while wearing a mask. Pure theater and beyond embarrassing for our school.
I have the same view on this. But as I am not a dad of girls, waited thinking you would post some a father's view point on this.
I don't see how it is healthy for them to dance while wearing a mask. bad air has to go out, good air needs to come in. It's not exactly a casual two step they are doing out there.

Mean Purple

Dropped my 3 season tickets last year and did not renew. All honest epidemiologist know masks are a farce. Even our Governor knows it. Poor woke TCU - embarrassing.
wore a mask everywhere last year. figured I would go the extra step as we are around a 90+ year old to help family.

I still got sick. We had not been around the family, which is good. masks don't seem to be a full time solution. and no way they should be worn during ath. activity.

we were in a arena in another state earlier this year. they required masks. I was in the saddle for the better part of 2 hours at one point (on multiple horses). thought I was gonna pass out at one point.

geefrogs

images (1).jpeg

These poor, dainty girls. They are being controlled and indoctrinated. Soon, they are gonna start encouraging YOUR little angels to wear a mask. Horrifying. This is how it starts. I know, I have a friend who studies stuff and he told me. Good thing I'm not a woman.

What Up Toad

wore a mask everywhere last year. figured I would go the extra step as we are around a 90+ year old to help family.

I still got sick. We had not been around the family, which is good. masks don't seem to be a full time solution. and no way they should be worn during ath. activity.

we were in a arena in another state earlier this year. they required masks. I was in the saddle for the better part of 2 hours at one point (on multiple horses). thought I was gonna pass out at one point.

I thought the main benefit has always been that you're less likely to spread it to others if you happen to be sick and are wearing a mask.

I managed to get it recently (I stopped wearing a mask after I got vaccinated), and I wore a mask when I had to go out to hopefully keep me from coughing directly on anyone.

Didn't stop someone from calling me a sheep at the grocery store though. Seriously thought about coughing on him.

TCUdirtbag

They’re basically not going to the trouble of enforcing in guest-rich environments. Students, faculty, and staff are accustomed to wearing masks indoors. You may disagree with the policy but I can’t imagine throwing a temper tantrum every couple days about something thar literally does not affect you. The only explanation is you’re an easily triggered snowflake.

Seriously, most schools have both mask AND vaccine mandates. Including half the Big 12. This isn’t a difficult thing to just shut up and get over.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I have the same view on this. But as I am not a dad of girls, waited thinking you would post some a father's view point on this.
I don't see how it is healthy for them to dance while wearing a mask. bad air has to go out, good air needs to come in. It's not exactly a casual two step they are doing out there.
Two of the dancers and three cheerleaders were pulling their masks below their chins late in the game. Obviously people who don’t mind or are used to it wouldn’t do that. Or maybe it’s a little less fun to wear one when you’re working your ass off

Last edited:

tcumaniac

They’re basically not going to the trouble of enforcing in guest-rich environments. Students, faculty, and staff are accustomed to wearing masks indoors. You may disagree with the policy but I can’t imagine throwing a temper tantrum every couple days about something thar literally does not affect you. The only explanation is you’re an easily triggered snowflake.

Seriously, most schools have both mask AND vaccine mandates. Including half the Big 12. This isn’t a difficult thing to just shut up and get over.
You’re such a good and obedient little sheep.

BABYFACE

I thought the main benefit has always been that you're less likely to spread it to others if you happen to be sick and are wearing a mask.

I managed to get it recently (I stopped wearing a mask after I got vaccinated), and I wore a mask when I had to go out to hopefully keep me from coughing directly on anyone.

Didn't stop someone from calling me a sheep at the grocery store though. Seriously thought about coughing on him.
I don’t get people getting on others in public. To each their own. They can wear a mask or not. Their choice.

Got my vaccinations in the Spring and was more than happy not wear it when those restrictions were lifted. I could care less if someone is wearing a mask in public or not. Whatever works for them.

vicarfrog

If you continue to be so offended every time you see the abject horror and borderline torture of...uh....a piece of fabric, I would suggest maybe avoiding TCU games for the next few months, instead of starting a new thread every time you step on a campus whose rules haven't changed since the last time you started the same thread, just to share how offended and horrified you are by Dachau 2.0.

Or you could be an adult and just shrug your shoulders when you see something you disagree with. Asking a lot, I know.

Your point is valid assuming it is up to the individuals choice. I don't care at all if I see someone at the store in a mask if it's their choice.
That's being an adult, I agree.

When it's not up to the individual, and there has been only one credible study (by Stanford) and the results show some masks are mildly helpful at best but most are useless...well that's something else. I'm not sure that's really being an adult.

vicarfrog

View attachment 10159

These poor, dainty girls. They are being controlled and indoctrinated. Soon, they are gonna start encouraging YOUR little angels to wear a mask. Horrifying. This is how it starts. I know, I have a friend who studies stuff and he told me. Good thing I'm not a woman.
Moral of the story: If I'm only mildly confident, wear no smirk, and keep a professional tone, I can explain all I want and no one can call me a mansplainer. I'm basically invincible.

Thanks for the tip!

So the mask at least worked better than the “vaccine”.

Two of the dancers and three cheerleaders were pulling their masks below their chins late in the game. Obviously people who don’t mind or are used to it wouldn’t do that. Or maybe it’s a little less fun to wear one when you’re working your ass off
Pretty ridiculous they would have the Showgirls and cheerleaders wearing masks but not the team. Only then could you convince come folks of the absurdity.