• The KillerFrogs

University of North Texas Athletic Department Helps A Frog Out!

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
So there’s a young kid that is the crossing guard at the 4 way stop in front of my sons elementary school in Colleyville. He’s always there rain or shine, and he hustles and actually puts effort into his job.

I decided to try and do something nice for him since last week was teacher appreciation week. I asked other parents to donate to a “thank you gift” to him. During this, I found out that the kid attends University of North Texas in between working as the crossing guard in the morning and afternoon.

I reached out to the University of North Texas Athletic Department and told them what I was doing, and asked if the they could donate a T-shirt or something that I could add to his cash gift, and a couple other gifts that parents sent me for him.

Not only did University of North Texas reply immediately, but they said they would love to send me something, and even overnighted it even though I told them that wasn’t needed and that I would pay for postage.

I received the package yesterday, and among other things there was a hand written note for the crossing guard and 2 University of North Texas branded Nike dry-fit polos. Pretty freaking cool! Those are probably $75 to $90 shirts if I had to guess.

I thought it was well above and beyond what I was hoping for, and pretty cool that they helped me out!

19A557E4-B74D-436E-B4AD-3CAF980D3815.jpeg

Boomhauer

Very cool. Nice job FOAP. These crossing guards have a tough job with crazy drivers and bad weather at times. But an important one watching out for our kids. Props to that kid for embracing it. Most of the time it’s an older person who’s retired or something like that.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Very cool. Nice job FOAP. These crossing guards have a tough job with crazy drivers and bad weather at times. But an important one watching out for our kids. Props to that kid for embracing it. Most of the time it’s an older person who’s retired or something like that.
Exactly what I thought. It was nice to see him actually putting in an effort and caring about what he is doing. That intersection is nuts, and like you said it’s an important job.