• The KillerFrogs

Ump blows perfect game on last out...

FrogzFan4Life21

QUOTE(FrogzFan4Life21 @ Jun 3 2010, 01:02 AM) [snapback]567427[/snapback]
Anyone see this? the guy was out by a CLEAR step. Didnt even have to slow it down to see that....

Tigers v Indians, 2 outs in the 9th.

MLB needs to review this, and rule it a perfect game. Institute replays into field play ASAP.

And that ump needs to hang himself...

Friggin unbelieveable. Cannot believe what I saw.

Got to feel for the Detroit pitcher, team and fans.

There is absolutely no excuse for that. Ump needs to be fired, but he'll probably only get a slap on the wrist by MLB.

Longfrog

I watched the bottom of the ninth when I saw what was happening. Even live, he looked out. How do you blow that call? Wouldn't you call him out if it was anywhere close? Didn't think he was gonna make it off the field alive.

FrogzFan4Life21

Yeah was horrible. My boss, who HATES detroit even says... wow that was the worst call i have ever seen.

I wonder if MLB can do anything about this???

ReedFrawg

It was absolutely awful. I don't care about Detroit but I was pissed at that ump. Should be fired...
the runner has to be out if the play is close either way.

Longfrog

It was crazy right after the game. Half the Tigers were trying to go after Joyce and the other half were holding them back. I thought Cabrera might eat him.

Galarraga looked totally cool with it. Right after the call he just laughed and went and got the third out. Then he walked off the field and raised his cap to the fans, but all of them were just booing Joyce.

talor

Knowing the circumstances I have no idea how you rule in favor of the runner on this one.

One a side note, teams need some more BP in 2010

Longfrog

QUOTE(TCUTalor @ Jun 2 2010, 07:35 PM) [snapback]567447[/snapback]
One a side note, teams need some more BP in 2010

Except for Vladdy. He needs a helmet.

NativeFrog

Umpire made a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes. It's only a baseball game. Get over it. It's like missing a field goal, to lose a football game. Or dropping a pass in the end zone to lose a game. Or fumbling at the goal line. Things happen. Life ain't fair. Sun comes up tomorrow.

Longfrog

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Jun 2 2010, 07:42 PM) [snapback]567450[/snapback]
Umpire made a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes. It's only a baseball game. Get over it. It's like missing a field goal, to lose a football game. Or dropping a pass in the end zone to lose a game. Or fumbling at the goal line. Things happen. Life ain't fair. Sun comes up tomorrow.

It's not like any of those things. If someone had made an error, that would have been similar. I can understand mistakes. I can't understand how you make that call. If it's anywhere close, you call him out.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Longfrog @ Jun 2 2010, 08:46 PM) [snapback]567452[/snapback]
It's not like any of those things.

+1 and then some. It's not even close to any of those things. Not surprising that Native doesn't get that.

Young and Horned

QUOTE(Longfrog @ Jun 2 2010, 08:46 PM) [snapback]567452[/snapback]
It's not like any of those things. If someone had made an error, that would have been similar. I can understand mistakes. I can't understand how you make that call. If it's anywhere close, you call him out.

Actually someone else making an error isn't like that either. What he was referring to could only be explained as the pitcher giving up a hit or a walk on the final out.

This was more like a Kicker making the game-winning FG, but the refs say it was no good because it went directly over the pole. Or you get into the end zone to win the game, but they said you fumbled it before you got in when you really didnt. It was not his or his teams fault. The right thing happened, but the wrong call was made.

Houston Frog

I know MLB has a no-replay rule and all, but you wonder if they can make some sort of special exception here and just give the kid his perfect game.

If it was a no-hitter, it would suck, but this was a perfect game... there's only been like 20 of them in the history of MLB. Unreal