• The KillerFrogs

UIL Championships

Purp

That just ran a segment where they asked prominent HS coaches who the best HS player they ever saw was. Whole bunch of the usual suspects like Vince Young and Kyler Murray, but also a vote for Damarqua Foster which I thought was pretty cool.
The best I ever saw was Ja'Mar Toombs. I'm sure there's some bias since I went to school with him, but I've still never seen a guy that was so impossible to bring down by even the best teams.

I heard some ETX high school football guys (trainers and a couple assistant coaches) have a similar discussion and they went back and forth between Adrian Peterson and Ja'Mar. AP was impossible to stop too, but Toombs could get caught by 4 guys and still not got down for another 15 yards. Of course, that conversation went down before Dwight Smith.

I maybe didn't appreciate Kyler for being great bc of his system and his weapons.

Moose Stuff

John Lanz has a 6’4 220 little brother on this Guyer team. 2021 DE. Hopefully he’s really good and wants to follow big brother to FW. Believe he’s also a decent baseball player. He’s #7.

Moose Stuff

Earl Campbell followed by Johnny Bailey

Among other mentions were Adrian Peterson, Myles Garrett, Baker Mayfield, CeeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Reggie McNeal, LT, and some QB from Cedar Hill from like 20o6 who’s name I can’t remember (apparently he was bad man on the football field).

Last edited:

Eight

anyone want to set the number for how many college bowl games draw more than the attendance for the duncanville - gpns game?

47,000 and change is the number to beat

TheFDN

Among other mentions were Adrian Peterson, Myles Garrett, Baker Mayfield, CeeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Reggie McNeal, LT, and some QB from Cedar Hill from like 20o6 who’s name I can’t remember (apparently he was bad man on the football field).
William Cole and he was a bad man. Got into trouble, maybe academic trouble at Ok State. Don’t know what happened to him after that.

Pharm Frog

you didn't get to play them did you?

neighbor two doors done played on that team. defense was fairly stout with foster in the middle.

if giving up less than 5 points a game and shutting out 8 opponents in 16 games could be considered “fairly” stout. I did not play against them however I saw them play a bunch because my father announced playoff football games in the Astrodome and I spotted defense for him. I “almost” played against Bailey in college but gave up the sport before that happened. He was unstoppable in the Yates veer attack and damn near untouchable.